Low poo recommendations?

I'm looking for a good low-poo that will get my hair clean and leave it not weighed down but also not try. I tried the L'Oreal Eversleek and it leaves my hair a bit too dry. Then I saw the Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo while I was in GNC looking for something and picked it up but... I just can't take the smell anymore. It has a very minty, herbal smell (for anyone that hasn't tried it) and as strange as this sounds, it gives me flashbacks to when I was sexually assaulted a couple of years back by some random guy with very minty, herbal smelling hair. Otherwise it seems to work pretty well for me but in the shower this morning I decided to switch shampoos because I can't deal with the flashbacks every time I shower anymore.

So I'm looking for a new low-poo that doesn't smell minty and herbal I guess! I thought about maybe trying the SheaMoisture shampoos (one of them) but I read somewhere on here that they aren't much more cleansing than cowashing and I'm not sure that won't leave my hair weighed down after a couple of washes. My hair always seems to be one wash away from dry and frizzy or weighed down, limp and lifeless. :banghead:

Appreciate any suggestions!
2a/3a (I think?), very fine, medium density, low porosity. Protein craving.
Low poo: Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening Shampoo and L'Oreal's EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo (Occasionally)
Rinse out/Leave in: TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Stylers: EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System™ Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème (Occasionally), Fructis Style
Curl Scrunch Gel

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Does this need to be something you can find on the ground?

I like Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, which you can get in various scents, none of them minty or herbal.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried the Giovanni shampoos? You could look into one of those, avoiding the teatree one.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • NamelessElegyNamelessElegy Posts: 40Registered Users
    Oh, I guess I should have included whether or not I need to be able to find it on the ground!

No it doesn't matter really. If I can find it somewhere with free (or at least cheap) shipping that is a definite plus. I'm fine ordering on-line.

I haven't really looked into the Giovanni shampoos. I have the SAS conditioner and I generally like it. I think I saw one of 2 of the shampoos at Marshall's when I got it. Maybe I should check if any of the shampoos are still there.

I'll definitely look into the Jessicurl also.
    2a/3a (I think?), very fine, medium density, low porosity. Protein craving.
    Low poo: Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening Shampoo and L'Oreal's EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo (Occasionally)
    Rinse out/Leave in: TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
    Stylers: EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System™ Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème (Occasionally), Fructis Style
    Curl Scrunch Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file