Wow- Goosefoot Prints Analysis

LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I sent my hair off to be analyzed and I was actually surprised by the results.

I have coarse-medium texture and I always thought i had more medium-fine!

I have mixed porosity . . . and low elasticity.

Looks like I need to try out a lot more moisture on my hair. I never have tried things like DT and oil . . .

You learn something everyday!
Leigh :)
3a mixed with 2C???
Fine Texture
Normal to low Porosity
Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
Deva One Condition
Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
Deva Firm Hold Gel
HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    With everyone having these done it makes me so curious to do my own! I just feel like the process of collecting hairs would be a bit tedious. I need to quit being so lazy :P
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    With everyone having these done it makes me so curious to do my own! I just feel like the process of collecting hairs would be a bit tedious. I need to quit being so lazy :P

LOL! That part was a bit tricky. One issue for me was I do not loose huge amounts of hair anymore like I did when my hair was very long.

You can always collect them slowly over time and then order the analysis.
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Deva One Condition
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Loveliam wrote: »

Looks like I need to try out a lot more moisture on my hair. I never have tried things like DT and oil . . .

Same here I thought my hair was fine because it would become cotton like if not styled with something! I was puzzled myself.

{Stats for mobiles}
    M/C, High Porosity,Normal Elast. 2c/3a Boticelli/Corkicelli
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014

Same here I thought my hair was fine because it would become cotton like if not styled with something! I was puzzled myself.

{Stats for mobiles}

Me too- I am always looking for more definition!
    So, have you been playing with products to see what types of moisture your hair likes?
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Deva One Condition
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users

{Stats for mobiles}

Me too- I am always looking for more definition!
    So, have you been playing with products to see what types of moisture your hair likes?

Yes and even though it's coarse my previously dyed parts loved protein the first months. Maybe winter has to do something with it as now too much make it to object . Now I only use protein as pre poo. Strangely my low porosity roots love protein and I noticed that I grow thicker strands. On my length I use a heavily oily loaded conditioner that has shea butter as well. My length is normal to high porosity with my ends to be the highest and also having a characteristic uv damage pattern. My hair adores coconut oil as pre poo but not as sealer. I have tried mineral oil as sealer, it gave me the most shiny curls on my whole cg journey. Also I used mango butter as uv protection on my recent beach visit but next time I will whip it. I am Europe based so unfortunately my choices are limited on ground. I have ordered some shea moisture stuff that I am thrilled to try.

{Stats for mobiles}
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,716Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I really enjoyed getting my analysis and got some good advice. I didn't realize my ends were so damaged from the sun and now try to protect it more.
    As for collecting the hairs, I just snipped a few off here and there, took about 8 seconds.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    The collection of hair isn't as bad as you think it would be.

I loved my analysis from her, she does a great job and gives great information.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    Yes and even though it's coarse my previously dyed parts loved protein the first months. Maybe winter has to do something with it as now too much make it to object . Now I only use protein as pre poo. Strangely my low porosity roots love protein and I noticed that I grow thicker strands. On my length I use a heavily oily loaded conditioner that has shea butter as well. My length is normal to high porosity with my ends to be the highest and also having a characteristic uv damage pattern. My hair adores coconut oil as pre poo but not as sealer. I have tried mineral oil as sealer, it gave me the most shiny curls on my whole cg journey. Also I used mango butter as uv protection on my recent beach visit but next time I will whip it. I am Europe based so unfortunately my choices are limited on ground. I have ordered some shea moisture stuff that I am thrilled to try.

Interesting! I tried a protein treatment the other day for the first time and my hair is okay with it- I may have used a bit too much . . . At first very defined curls first day, then needed lots of gel second day.

I just purchased coconut oil, so am going to be trying it out.

I agree, Sixelamy- very informative.
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Deva One Condition
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
  • EntropyEntropy Posts: 67Registered Users
    Loads of my hair falls out when I condition it in the shower, so I just grabbed all that and counted out 50 strands :p They were all from the root, which is best.
    I was also surprised by my results.. Apparantly my hair is in excellent condition.. so why doesn't it look it? :p
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users

I am going to emphasize once again the gelatin or hydrolyzed collagen for when you use protein, it's one of the types that boosts elasticity.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

I am going to emphasize once again the gelatin or hydrolyzed collagen for when you use protein, it's one of the types that boosts elasticity.

I will look it up.

I posted too quickly. Meant to say will look up hydrolyzed collagen - I am familiar with gelatin and am getting some at the store.
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Deva One Condition
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I will look it up.

This page has good info. on hydrolyzed proteins: Science-y Hair Blog: Mysteries of Hydrolyzed Proteins

This is also a good protein reference and includes a list of which amino acids (found in hair) are contained in some common proteins: Science-y Hair Blog: More About Protein
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    Great minds - I was headed there!
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Deva One Condition
    Deva Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file