So I cut off my hair...

I did a big chop due to illness and not having time to deal really long hair. I did what one of the bloggers did (Christina sp?). Except I have 3a/3b hair so I wasn't sure it would work but I really like it. Anyone else done thos type of thing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did you get an asymmetrical cut?

It looks very pretty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oooh I love it! Reminds of thecurlystace's hair!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • bringingcurliesback?bringingcurliesback? Posts: 1,308Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love it!!! Looks so fun and so tempting but I just started growing mine back out so I gotta keep my cool lol. @BoticelliBrit I watch thecurlystace too! Long time, no see! I decided to pop back onto curl talk. Your hair is looking AMAZING. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
    *Current Routine*
    LP: SM RSB
    CO/CW: CJ Daily Fix, GR Restorative, SM RSB, SM SFC
    DC: SM, CJ Rehab, G.Nutrafix, DIY
    LI: a CO, KCKT
    Sealers: an oil, JC N&S
    Stylers: just CO, CJ CIAB, KCCC, aloe gel, FSG
    Once in a while: ACV, Lemon-Aid

Oils to seal, rinse, and/or pre-poo as needed :love10:

2c/3a/3b coarse, normal porosity
    :toothy4: CG since 2007 :flower:
    I was thinking the same thing (curlystace)!!!

I was also thinking of getting my hair cut similar to this when I go to the salon tonight. I don't know if I have the guts though! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    A friend of mine had this cut in the 80s. It was the closest she could come to a mohawk.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A friend of mine had this cut in the 80s. It was the closest she could come to a mohawk.

Fashion goes round in cycles but changes slightly each time.

Anyway I like it a lot.
    I mostly agree, but seeing pointy flats again still seems too soon for this old gal.
  • CurlyDiva71CurlyDiva71 Posts: 130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love your haircut! It looks awesome!

I loved my pointy flats in the 80's. lol. My favorite pair was pale pink. I thought I was really cool with my pale pink flats and pink leggings. What a dork! lol

3A, a mix of boticelli, corkicelli, and a few s-waves, baby fine, naturally porous, medium/high density

Pre-poo: coconut oil
    Co-wash: TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, Sauve Naturals, VO5, As I Am coconut co-wash
    Conditioner: TJ's Nourish, Tresseme Naturals, Sauve Naturals coconut, SM Coconut & Hibiscus
    LI: KCKT
    Styling: DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, HETT Mousse (HG's!)
    EcoStyler Krystal (new HG!!!), BRHG
    coconut oil or jojoba oil to SOTC
    Color treated with demi-permanent color to cover first grays
    When I think about the things I wore in the 80s, my face reddens with shame.
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I think about the things I wore in the 80s, my face reddens with shame.

I don't know, at least the 80s had style. I grew up in the 90s. Not much style....lots of baggy pants with holes!
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
    I'm planning a sort of BC. This is what I want, but I can't find any more more photos to show the other sides. I feel like I need a change.
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
    Oh, I don't know. I had a lot of cute skirts and jumpers (in the American sense) in the 90s. There was more than grunge.

As to the haircut, that's a style without wave or curl. Will it suit your hair type?
    Oh, I don't know. I had a lot of cute skirts and jumpers (in the American sense) in the 90s. There was more than grunge.

As to the haircut, that's a style without wave or curl. Will it suit your hair type?

I came from a single income family. So, I hand a lot of hand me downs. Unfortunately, my older sibling was my brother, soooooo whatever was unisex and sort of fit was mine. Lol! Do you remember jellies???

When my hair is short, it waves a bit, but I'll probably straighten. I know it's bad, but I need a change these days.
    ~Belle Bohemienne

• LoveliamLoveliam Posts: 318Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really like the cut! Very pretty.
    Leigh :)
    3a mixed with 2C???
    Fine Texture
    Normal to low Porosity
    Low Elasticity

Mop Top Low Poo or Deva low poo
    Deva One Condition
    Deva B'leave-in for higher dews (Deva Foam for low dews).
    Deva Firm Hold Gel
    HG: Sweet Curls Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir after applying Deva and for 2nd/third day.
  • abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    It's short on both sides and long on top so the part can go either way or I can wear it pinned back. This is the first hair cut that I actually feel like me in. I've never been one to care about fashion. I wear what I like. I grew up during the late 80's and early 90's. I was always a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. My mom used to lop off my hair and it was big and stupid looking. I have had mostly long curly hair since I was 14. I learned how to control it with lots of conditioner and gel. It was time for something different. Plus I was in the hospital with an IV in my arm and I couldn't really bend it after a few days and washing my hair was almost impossible. I've been sick almost the entire year and I just didn't have the energy for bra strap length hair. Anyway I'm happy about it.

It's short on both sides and long on top so the part can go either way or I can wear it pinned back. This is the first hair cut that I actually feel like me in. I've never been one to care about fashion. I wear what I like. I grew up during the late 80's and early 90's. I was always a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. My mom used to lop off my hair and it was big and stupid looking. I have had mostly long curly hair since I was 14. I learned how to control it with lots of conditioner and gel. It was time for something different. Plus I was in the hospital with an IV in my arm and I couldn't really bend it after a few days and washing my hair was almost impossible. I've been sick almost the entire year and I just didn't have the energy for bra strap length hair. Anyway I'm happy about it.

Never would have thought to get it cut like that! Genius!

I'm sorry you've been sick, but I'm glad you're happy with your hair. I think it is absolutely gorgeous! And so are you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file