Long haired guy new to CG.

Cali2FlCali2Fl Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi all,

I've been growing my hair out for about 3 years & just started the CG method yesterday. I'm planning to take care of my curls as best as I can, with only natural products as much as possible. I just did a BS clarification with an ACV rinse. I'm using a sulfate free poo & cond (Shea Moisture gold label). So far my hair seems to be less frizzy & is not knotting as easy.

My plan is to see just how far I can grow it. My goal is to have hair that looks as good & is healthy as can be. As far as I can tell, my hair is between a 3A to 3B curl type, low porosity, med to high density & is between med to corse thickness. I don't use heat & my hair has not been chemically altered since 2012. I had it colored at a hair salon franchise training class 3 times, before I learned what color can do to hair. I do rock a bit in my sleep, which is not good for long curly hair. I have yet to try using stuff like satin/silk pillow cases, sleep caps, braiding or putting my hair up to reduce damage. I can't find any split or damaged ends yet & almost all my sheds that I look at have the little white ball/bulb on the end.

I've lived in Cali my whole life before moving to FL recently. I've been vegan for 2 1/2 years & am trying to live a simple and healthy lifestyle. I'm ready to learn & I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for the curly pros on here.

PS; sorry for the lame avi pic, I'll have to take a better one & post it up. What shirt color is best to use for a hair pic, with my color?

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do be careful with the baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinses. How is that Shea moisture shampoo working for you? Is it light? I tried the curl enhancing Shea moisture shampoo and didn't like it. It wasn't so gentle on my hair. Welcome welcome.
  • Cali2FlCali2Fl Posts: 3Registered Users
    Do be careful with the baking soda and apple cider vinegar rinses. How is that Shea moisture shampoo working for you? Is it light? I tried the curl enhancing Shea moisture shampoo and didn't like it. It wasn't so gentle on my hair. Welcome welcome.

Thanks for the welcome :hello2:

Yup, I know they are not to be done often. I've never clarified before & I prolly had lots of build up from cones & stuff. I doubt I'll be doing them that often, now that I'm not using sulfates & non H20 soluble cones.

Not sure, that was the first time I used it. Not sure if it's light or not. I had BS mixed with it at a: 1 BS to 3 Poo ratio. I guess each Shea Moisture label has different protein levels. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to my hair, other then knowing if it's frizzy or tangly. It's hard for me to notice subtle differences in my hair. I need to learn how to be more observant with my hair.
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, and happy growing. :)
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Welcome! The individuals here are very helpful and nice and always willing to help.

I wish you all the best with your curls:smile:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file