We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Protein-light Conditioner?

amtsergamtserg Posts: 52Registered Users
I am in need of a new conditioner, as I believe my current Suave Keratin Infusion has too much protein. (My 2a hair has been feeling kinda stiff when I get out of the shower/air dry it and the ends have been awful/dry/slightly breaking off.)

However, I just got over a month-long struggle with over-conditioned hair and I'm hesitant to remove all protein from my routine. (The shampoo I use has no protein, Loreal EverPure, so I need protein in my conditioner.)

Does anyone know of anything (preferably drugstore brand) that's like...protein-light? Most of the brands I've seen either have a) no protein or b) wheat protein, which seems to be kind of a harsh/strong protein

Any ideas?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,206Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i believe curl junkie curl rehab is protein-free. you can use it as a leave in. it is moisturizing and lightweight.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    Shea moisture anti breakage masque or the shea moisture volumizing conditioner. Both are light protein products and work very well

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file