Hard time determining hair type! Pics posted

bellabreebellabree Registered Users Posts: 1
I recently decided after 21 years of relaxers to go natural. My last relaxer was in December of 2013 so I am about 6 months in! I can't believe how thick and healthy my new growth is I wish I would have started this journey sooner! I'm having the hardest time figuring out my hair texture I know no two textures are the same but could someone help me at least figure out a general idea! It's pretty soft and poofy feeling I'm not sure if it's too soon to try and figure out my texture type. I took the picture after a wash so there is no product in it! Any help would be greatly appreciated I also have more pictures if needed!

Comments

• lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    bellabree wrote: »
    I recently decided after 21 years of relaxers to go natural. My last relaxer was in December of 2013 so I am about 6 months in! I can't believe how thick and healthy my new growth is I wish I would have started this journey sooner! I'm having the hardest time figuring out my hair texture I know no two textures are the same but could someone help me at least figure out a general idea! It's pretty soft and poofy feeling I'm not sure if it's too soon to try and figure out my texture type. I took the picture after a wash so there is no product in it! Any help would be greatly appreciated I also have more pictures if needed!

The general rule is to not type transitioning hair because the new growth is weighed down by the relaxed hair. I think you could be a 4 b or 4c but again until you cut off all the relaxed that is only a very preliminary guess

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file