Best DT for highlighted hair?

JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
I'm getting my reddish brown hair highlighted with either caramel or dark blonde on Thursday and I want to keep my longish hair healthy and long, What is the best DT you can recommend (in your opinion) so that my curls stay intact, and my hair doesn't break off? (Both things that have happened to my hair in the past with highlights) Thanks so much! ~~jax
2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.

Comments

• JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    Come on everybody! I need some help!
  • GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    Sorry Jaxie, i can't help you with your question.... i wanted to be cheeky and ask if you have any pics of your highlights? I'm going for a consultation next Saturday and it sounds like you've had what i'm thinking of getting done...
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
    I haven't taken any pix yet, but I'm planning to on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll let you know when I do! BTW, I bought joico K-pack reconstructor for the DT, I've heard its good. ~~jax
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    These are all color-safe (I just noticed this forum so I apologize for my lateness) and I love them:

Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Conditioner

Philip B.'s Deep Conditioning Rinse

SHIKAI Intensive Repair Conditioner
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
    Thank you soo much! I'll have to try one of them next! ~~jax
    BTW- I'll be posting pix of my highlights today after 4!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file