Ends

JydalJydal Registered Users Posts: 178
I have 4b/4c hair and the last two inches are consistently dry and frizzy- i think it is high porosity. It's been that way from childhood to adulthood. I use sulfate free shampoo, deep condition weekly , and moisturize daily being sure to seal the ends. I trim every 6 months and chelate every 3 months. My ends will feel moisturized, and yet wiry! Also, when I moisturize , the ends will pop under my fingers:( Does anyone know how I may modify my regimen to treat these ends? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Jydal, what do you mean that the ends will "pop" under your fingers? It sounds like you are doing all the right things to moisturize your high porosity ends. Is your hair very long? How are you drying it - air drying, diffusing, other?

When you have a haircut, are the ends like that right away (the new ends that have just been cut)?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • JydalJydal Registered Users Posts: 178
    My hair is just below shoulder length. I usually air dry my hair with them in grades already moisturized. When I first trim my ends they seemed just fine so that's why I think there must be something I'm doing wrong because overtime it goes back to this wiry type feel. It feels as though the ends actually come off when I run my fingers through my hair. I am in research mode at the moment trying to figure out what I need to modify in my routine
  • lolo918lolo918 Registered Users Posts: 729 Curl Neophyte
    You may just need to trim more often than every 6 months. When I say trim I also want to clarify that I mean no more than a half inch at the maximum and around an eighth of an inch at minimum (unless you are cutting these two problematic inches you have now). It sounds like you are doing all the things you can do to keep your hair healthy.

Do you seem to have "growth spurts" after you trim your hair then periods of what appears to be slower growth?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
    I think you may be right about the trims. I have not noticed growth spurts, but it grows a solid half inch per month.
  • lolo918lolo918 Registered Users Posts: 729 Curl Neophyte
    I also just got this email from black girl long hair today: 5 Easy Fixes for Dry, Frizzy Ends | Black Girl with Long Hair
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
    Wow! Thx for the great info! I really appreciate it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file