CurlTalk

Question about Devachan cut.

MaxMax Posts: 125Registered Users
I just made an appointment with Julie at Devachan in NY for the beginning of April and i'm feeling a little bit nervous.
I chose her because i was told she was one of two stylists who could cut hair to be worn curly and straight - but other than that, i don't know anything about her.
I have a few questions:
1. Has anyone seen Julie - and do you recommend her? Is there anyone you would recommend more?
2. is a Devachan cut similar to a Ouidad cut? i had one of those many years ago and found that if i didn't use a lot of product, my hair lost all the curl and looked messy. (I'm 3b and below shoulders).
3. I also found that it was impossible to get second day hair with that cut. is anyone able to get second day hair with a Deva cut?
4. Has anyone else gotten a cut there and worn it straight?
Thanks so much for any suggestions and/or advice.
Max

Comments

• banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Max wrote:
    I just made an appointment with Julie at Devachan in NY for the beginning of April and i'm feeling a little bit nervous.
    I chose her because i was told she was one of two stylists who could cut hair to be worn curly and straight - but other than that, i don't know anything about her.
    I have a few questions:
    1. Has anyone seen Julie - and do you recommend her? Is there anyone you would recommend more?

i see carlos who is great. i think they are all good tho as far as i know.
    Max wrote:
    2. is a Devachan cut similar to a Ouidad cut? i had one of those many years ago and found that if i didn't use a lot of product, my hair lost all the curl and looked messy. (I'm 3b and below shoulders).

NO --very different. deva cuts dry and does not carve and slice
    Max wrote:
    3. I also found that it was impossible to get second day hair with that cut. is anyone able to get second day hair with a Deva cut?

yes and 3rd and 4th day too
    Max wrote:
    4. Has anyone else gotten a cut there and worn it straight?

NOT ME!!!! i'm done with straightening
    Max wrote:
    Thanks so much for any suggestions and/or advice.
    Max

don't worry--i am sure you will be very happy. curious tho--why do u want to wear it straight?
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbanjolady%2F" class="Popup
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Flazycurls" class="Popup
  • MaxMax Posts: 125Registered Users
    Thanks for your thoughts, banjocurl.

It sounds like Devahan is definitely worth trying - and i'm looking forward to it (even though i'm still pretty nervous).

i looked at your fokti album (nice hair!) and saw your picture of 5 day hair, which i thought looked amazingly good. at this point, mine is a complete mess on day 2. it drives me crazy because it also takes so long to dry when i wet/wash it.

Don't worry--i am sure you will be very happy. curious tho--why do u want to wear it straight?[/quote]

i love it straight - it's so neat and takes so little time. sometimes i think about the difference between growing up with straight and curly hair. It must be a huge difference. it's really be wonderful when i don't have to constantly think about my hair. as it is now, i have to think about what sports i'm doing and how to deal with it without looking like a frizzy puffball; if i'm away - whether i'll be able to wash/wet it each day; whether i can wear a hat; whether it's windy, humid, etc. It must be great to just get up and go without thinking about any of that.
    on the other hand, after i wear it straight for a few days, i always miss my curls.
    right now my curls are a mess, though. i really need a good haircut and don't have one. hopefully the visit to Devachan will solve that and make my hair easier to deal with.

thanks again for your help!