What are good CG approved drugstore leave-in conditioners?

flashpoint74flashpoint74 Posts: 21Registered Users
Hey curly sisters! I'm new to this site and this method so I apologize for all my questions!!! I have 3b/3c hair.

I plan on starting the CG method either tomorrow or Wednesday because I'm suppose to go get my hair trimmed in the morning and no telling what product she will use. I already have the Suave Naturals Sun-Dried Strawberry conditioner that I want to use as my co-wash. I plan on getting Tresemme Naturals for my rinse out and LA Looks for my gel. I also plan on getting KY Jelly instead of the curl keeper because it's pretty humid where I live. I'm interested in getting a leave-in conditioner as well which will most likely be from Walmart. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks everyone!! :profileleft:
Chelsey

3b and Low Porosity
Co-wash: As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in: As I Am
Gel: La Looks Extreme Sport

CG since June 2014

Comments

• RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey curly sisters! I'm new to this site and this method so I apologize for all my questions!!! I have 3b/3c hair.

I plan on starting the CG method either tomorrow or Wednesday because I'm suppose to go get my hair trimmed in the morning and no telling what product she will use. I already have the Suave Naturals Sun-Dried Strawberry conditioner that I want to use as my co-wash. I plan on getting Tresemme Naturals for my rinse out and LA Looks for my gel. I also plan on getting KY Jelly instead of the curl keeper because it's pretty humid where I live. I'm interested in getting a leave-in conditioner as well which will most likely be from Walmart. Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks everyone!! :profileleft:

Shea moisture line offers some nice leave ins. You could also use the tresemme naturals as a leave in
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • flashpoint74flashpoint74 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Thank you very much! I'm thinking about trying the As I am leave in. They sell it at my local walmart. I've heard great things.
    Chelsey

3b and Low Porosity
    Co-wash: As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: As I Am
    Gel: La Looks Extreme Sport

CG since June 2014

I'm a fan of the As I Am! It smells absolutely divine. Seriously. It's like . . . rainbows and dreams lol.

It's a bit pricey though, which is why I don't use it anymore. I've actually just switched to the - much cheaper - My DNA leave-in very recently (side note: also smells amazing) and I think I actually prefer it. At the very least, it's on par with the As I Am.

DC:

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I'm a fan of the As I Am! It smells absolutely divine. Seriously. It's like . . . rainbows and dreams lol.

It's a bit pricey though, which is why I don't use it anymore. I've actually just switched to the - much cheaper - My DNA leave-in very recently (side note: also smells amazing) and I think I actually prefer it. At the very least, it's on par with the As I Am.

They actually sell the My DNA line of products at a beauty supply store near me. I am going to go today and see if they have the leave in in stock. As it sounds like a good product based on your review. I hope it gives me the same results too!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
    They actually sell the My DNA line of products at a beauty supply store near me. I am going to go today and see if they have the leave in in stock. As it sounds like a good product based on your review. I hope it gives me the same results too!

Oooh, I'd be really interested to know if it works for you if you do end up buying it! I've used it a few times now and find that it's leaving my hair unbelievably soft and is really helping with clumping. It's in a spray bottle though, which I find a bit peculiar lol.

I liked it so much it made me want to try out their conditioner (especially since it was so well-priced). Buuut the normal conditioner has a 'cone in it :( so, alas, I won't be buying that.

DC:

• ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users

Oooh, I'd be really interested to know if it works for you if you do end up buying it! I've used it a few times now and find that it's leaving my hair unbelievably soft and is really helping with clumping. It's in a spray bottle though, which I find a bit peculiar lol.

I liked it so much it made me want to try out their conditioner (especially since it was so well-priced). Buuut the normal conditioner has a 'cone in it :( so, alas, I won't be buying that.

I will be sure to let you know how it works for me, just as soon after i try it, okay. :smile:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On the advice of my hairdresser, Carlos Flores, who was Lorraine Massey's assistant for quite a while, I just use a small amount of my co-wash+rinse out conditioner, VO5 Kiwi-Lime Squeeze. It works great.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file