Thinning after going natural? HELP!

laurengabriellelaurengabrielle Registered Users Posts: 13
Total hair emergency! So It's been a month since I've gone natural and I got it straightened yesterday for a length check and it grew maybe about half an inch but its soo thin! Way more thin than I remember it being before I started transitioning! While it was curly (I have 3b hair) It didn't seem thin at all! I began transitioning to help get longer mainly but also thicker hair and I'm so worried! HELP!!! :(

Comments

• CurlyInParadiseCurlyInParadise Registered Users Posts: 137
    I don't know if this helps you at all. I have curly hair and it got thinner because of dyeing so I have stopped and am in the sloooow process of growing in my natural hair. I have noticed that the thinner ends just curl around the coiled ringlets making it appear shorter but disguising the thin ends. I have 3a hair so I don't really have coils as it sounds but nevertheless I do have ropey ringlets. Anyway, I would think that if I styled my hair by blow drying it straight, those thin ends would definitely show clearly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    3a, med porous, low density
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • lisar12lisar12 Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    Total hair emergency! So It's been a month since I've gone natural and I got it straightened yesterday for a length check and it grew maybe about half an inch but its soo thin! Way more thin than I remember it being before I started transitioning! While it was curly (I have 3b hair) It didn't seem thin at all! I began transitioning to help get longer mainly but also thicker hair and I'm so worried! HELP!!! :(

I think there needs to be more information posted about your hair routine because honestly it could be anything.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Agree with lisar12.

Start by answering the questions below and we are more likely to be able to help you.

What is your routine? What products are you using? What tools are you using to detangle your hair? Is your hair dyed? How often do you straighten your hair? What do you use when you straighten it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file