Curious: Do you apply product & then rinse it out?

wavychicawavychica Posts: 30Registered Users
I've seen a few videos where people apply product and then do a quick rinse-out & then proceed to layer on another product (I think I'm thinking of a video that RudeeChick posted). Do any of you do this? What is the benefit you have obtained? What products do you do this with?

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I believe you're talking about the super soaker technique. when most people do that, they're not rinsing the product they've just applied out so much as adding some water back into the hair. When I do this I apply my leave in, then cup water in my hands and gently squish it into the hair. Then I squish in my gel, then scrunch. Usually when people use this technique they're trying to get the hair to clump together so that the curls will dry with more definition and less frizz.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I apply my products to soaking wet hair instead of adding in more water. My hair is very fine, so adding in more water just weighs it down. Applying my products to soaking hair assures me that I get the right amount of product because as I scrunch out water so goes some product. Too much product also weighs my hair down. My hair being so fine isn't as forgiving if I have too much product. After I add my products I plop for 45 minutes and diffuse on low heat then spray hairspray, scrunch out the crunch and I'm done!
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I also apply my products to soaking wet hair. But I rake and smooth my gel in. Then I shake my head around so my curls will clump and no frizz. Then I sit under my hooded dryer that's set on cool. If I put it on low heat, my roots will be frizzy. Now that I do that, I don't have any frizz and a gel cast. Whoop whoop!!! But that's what I do.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It is sometimes beneficial to add water back in (squirting with a spray bottle works for me) if your clumps get stringly. It helps reform the bigger clumps.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    chupie wrote: »
    It is sometimes beneficial to add water back in (squirting with a spray bottle works for me) if your clumps get stringly. It helps reform the bigger clumps.

Good idea.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file