Please Help Me...I'm at my wits end...

curlygurlie1148curlygurlie1148 Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello all,

On either side of my head, there is a fraction of my hair that I am starting to believe is plotting against my sanity. The curls are super tight and odd. It's kinda like random vine growth. I don't know how to fix this. I have to wear my hair in a bun for school and that, well that is making the idea of shaving my head and putting a wig on it sound great. I bought one of the Remington perfect bun things and it's sort of giving me a headache right now. I tried doing a sock bun, but I have so much extra hair left and I can't do anything with. I don't have the time, patience, or the upper body strength to strengthen my hair, so I am at a loss. My hair is so thick and long and I don't know anymore. I have gotten so many things severely stuck in my hair, and if it hasn't been stuck it has been covered in ripped out hair. The bun on my head right now is huge and not neat. I want a normal, perfect, professional looking bun, but I don't know how to get there. Please help me:sad5:
Long
Type 3
High Density
Medium Hair width
Low Porosity
So very frizz prone...

Comments

• XhexaniaXhexania Registered Users Posts: 65
    Do you have mulitiple curl types on your head? It's completely possible that the more tightly curled hair is of a different type and needs to be cared for differently than the rest of your hair.
    Fine Strands, High Density, (Seemingly) Normal Porosity
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    have you tried looking on youtube for details on how to get curly hair into a bun? never tried, so i cannot offer any specific details.
    also, what products are you using in your hair? styling creams might help hold the hair in place.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • anissafersureanissafersure Registered Users Posts: 255
    What I usually do when I have left over hair from the sock bun, is twist it or braid it around the bun. It makes the bun look even better, and gives it the "just left the salon" look. I love it. Or if I'm too lazy to do that, then I tuck in all of the extra hair back under the bun. Doing that will make it higher, but it'll at least get it out of the way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file