Colorful Neutral protein Filler.

GoldenearsGoldenears Registered Users Posts: 17
Hi all, I have the Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus Mask. I would like to add Hydrolyzed Keratin to the treatment before I apply it to my hair to give it an extra boost and also because my hair responds really well to all types of protein. Please can you confirm if it is okay to mix in a small amount of Colorful Neutral Protein Filler to the treatment before I apply it to the hair?

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus Ingredients:

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Colorful Neutral Protein Filler Ingredients:

Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis, Humulus Lupulus, Urtica Dioica, 1, 3, Bis(Hydroxymethyl)5, 5 Dimethylimidazolidine-2, 4 Dione, Methyl ester 4 Hydroxybenzoic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Polysorbate-20, Parfum.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never tried the combination you're talking about, but people mix products all the time. Just store the products separately, and mix only as much as you're about to use.
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never used the Reken product, but I use the CNPF all of the time. I've mixed it into several products (shampoos, conditioners, deep treatments, etc) as my hair demands protein to keep the curls curling. I've never had any problems to date, including the crispy hair thingy that some report getting via the use of too much protein.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    I've never had that problem either. My superfine hair always seems to respond well to protein, particularly when it's drops os CNPF added to conditioner, etc.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file