Rosemary oil for hair growth.

CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
Hi. I did some research on rosemary oil for hair growth, and I used it on my scalp and hair last night along with water, aloe vera juice, and tea tree oil. Can anyone vouch for this? Has anyone experienced increased hair growth with rosemary oil?

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i love rosemary oil, i use it in an oil mixture and message my scalp with it. i find that the mixture really does aid in the growth and definatly in the health of the roots and new growth. its great for dandruff as well if you somtimes have problems with that. i use light oils in my mixture so its easier for my hair to soak up the oil and it doesnt look greasy either.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • MissCamilleMissCamille Posts: 47Registered Users
    Rosemary is great as a natural antiseptic and for increased circulation. You can either mix essential oil with carrier oils or create your own rosemary infused oil. I like to make infusions for cooking and cosmetic purposes. I take dried herbs and submerge them in olive oil in a glass bottle. I place the bottle in a dark cabinet for at least 4 weeks.
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    i love rosemary oil, i use it in an oil mixture and message my scalp with it. i find that the mixture really does aid in the growth and definatly in the health of the roots and new growth. its great for dandruff as well if you somtimes have problems with that. i use light oils in my mixture so its easier for my hair to soak up the oil and it doesnt look greasy either.

Thank you. What exactly do you mix it with? I find that olive oil is too heavy for me. I just bought some grape seed oil.
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    Rosemary is great as a natural antiseptic and for increased circulation. You can either mix essential oil with carrier oils or create your own rosemary infused oil. I like to make infusions for cooking and cosmetic purposes. I take dried herbs and submerge them in olive oil in a glass bottle. I place the bottle in a dark cabinet for at least 4 weeks.

Cool. Thanks. I always wanted to make my own infusion. What other herbs do you use?
  • amandasimon220amandasimon220 Posts: 19Registered Users
    I used this product from one week. It increase my confidence. :happy5:

Thank you. What exactly do you mix it with? I find that olive oil is too heavy for me. I just bought some grape seed oil.

for this particular mixture i use argan oil and grapeseed oil, i add a bit of lavender, and somtimes evening primrose oil.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
  • AutumnwavesAutumnwaves Posts: 41Registered Users
    I have fresh rosemary I'm growing. Has anyone tried boil it into a tea? I was thinking of steeping it in water and applying the liquid with a squirt bottle.
    I have fresh rosemary I'm growing. Has anyone tried boil it into a tea? I was thinking of steeping it in water and applying the liquid with a squirt bottle.

Ive used fresh rosemary before as part of a herb vinager rinse, and ive seeped it in a base oil. I find that you got to let it sit, or let it boil for a bit to get all the good stff ot before yo use it. how were you thinking about doing it?

• HaileyRHaileyR Posts: 98Registered Users

What oils do you use. I've been told coconut oil but it seems to be too heavy to massage onto my scalp.
    High Porosity
    Fine
    Dense
    2c-3b
    pretty much what ever light oils you have n can use, i use argan oil, grapeseed oil and/or evening primrose oil, they work for me, nice and light, (though i can use heavier oils, i ob for the light stuff for my scalp) if you can use olive oil, or jojoba oil go ahead. but to get the most and best stuff out of the mixture, argan oil is a must :love7: i go half half with the grapeseed oil, evening primrose oil, cause its pretty expensive and grapeseed is just as light

• AutumnwavesAutumnwaves Posts: 41Registered Users

Ive used fresh rosemary before as part of a herb vinager rinse, and ive seeped it in a base oil. I find that you got to let it sit, or let it boil for a bit to get all the good stff ot before yo use it. how were you thinking about doing it?

Okay, I went ahead and boiledit/steeped it for an hour and let it cool down. I put it in a glass jar and a little into a spray bottle. The majority of it went into the fridge and the portion I put in the spray bottle uses and a scalp treatment. I sprayed it on, and let it sit before I washed my hair. I have used it as a rinse too. I'm noticing less hair fall out and more volume! Rosemary tea for the win!
  • KekekurlyKekekurly Posts: 10Registered Users
    I use a mixture of carrier oils for my scalp as I do suffer from dry scalp sometimes. Mix a few drops Rosemary,Tea tree, Peppermint and lavender to coconut oil and massage. It does tingle but I love it. Then I'll rinse it out with water the next day! ATM I'm taking hairfinity for hair growth. Feel free to take a look at my youtube channel "kekekurly" to join me on my hair challenge of 4inches in 4months! and let me know your thoughts about hairfinity!
    i love rosemary, oil or fresh or dried, its great n helps with so many things :D rosemary for the win! my bf loves the mixture messaged in his scalp, cause of the tingle, he pretty much beggs me for it n falls asleep in my arms, is cute

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I massage rosemary and lavender oils into my scalp. I've only been doing it for a week though.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TNB, I put them in my hair spritz and in my massaging hair oil mix along with stinging nettle and linden seed oils (both are good for stopping hair fall or thinning hair), ylang ylang, clove, patchouli (all for hair growth) and jojoba oils.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file