How can I get 5 day hair?

shishacurlsshishacurls Registered Users Posts: 88
I have this goal that I want to be able to get my hair to last for 5 days to help save me a lot of time and money on hair products...

what are some styling products that can give me 5 day hair? any good gel recommendations or any other styling aids?

I know how to keep my hair at night when I'm sleeping, I am just having a hard time finding products that can hold up for a long period of time.

help?

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    I evaluate my curl definition when I start getting ready for bed. If it's starting to get undefined, I mix a little (about a golfball sized amount for my collarbone length hair) with a few drops of jojoba oil in the palm of my hand, then smooth it lightly over the canopy, and scrunch the bulk of it in from ends toward roots, not worrying that it doesn't get to the roots. By the time I finish my routine, it's started to form a gel cast, and I just scrunch as needed as I lay my head down on a silk pillowcase, cheap at Dharma Trading Co. They've got fantastic service, and their shipping is totally reasonable (silk is really light, so a few pieces can be sent First Class for very little). NAYY, just an extremely happy repeat customer.

For first night hair, I like (a discontinued product most) LA Looks Wet Look Gel, KCCC, Jessicurl Spiralicious, or DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel.

In the morning, if my hair appears to need a little something, I use a homemade mixture that's mostly distilled water and conditioner (3:1) in a *plant mister* bottle (not a regular spray bottle), which I spray lightly, then leave alone, even if it doesn't look all the great for starters – just walk away from the mirror and trust my curl pattern.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    5 day hair doesn't exist in my world. 4 is not a fun place.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    I have this goal that I want to be able to get my hair to last for 5 days to help save me a lot of time and money on hair products...

what are some styling products that can give me 5 day hair? any good gel recommendations or any other styling aids?

I know how to keep my hair at night when I'm sleeping, I am just having a hard time finding products that can hold up for a long period of time.

help?

As long as I have been wearing my hair curly, I always have to add more product daily, all the way up until it's time for wash day. On days I am just hanging out around home, I will skip applying any products to my curls and just use my Q-Redew to revive my curls.

On YT, I have seen ladies get 4 or more days out of a style without having to add more product, but that is usually when they are using a certain product or cocktail of products that provides a large amount of hold, and long lasting curl definition. They will either pineapple their hair before laying their hair down on a satin pillowcase, while others will put on a satin bonnet over their hair before going off to bed. During those days in between washing, they put their hair in a variety of creative styles. Or sometimes they will use a pick and just make their curls look fuller as the days go on. I only wish that I could have a regimen as easy as that.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Banned Users Posts: 1,073
    I may have gone more than once to 5th day using my LALWL gel, reapplying just a bit diluted with water (I keep some in a spray bottle or do it on my palm) over the canopy and random areas that need it probably on 3rd day as on 2nd spraying with distilled water is usually enough. I usually need to rearrange some curls individually by moistening and doing the "skip-curl" or winding them around an eye pencil. And I sleep either with a satin bonnet (and on a satin pillow case) or the pineapple, sometimes both give me better result by keeping the hair in place while I toss and turn.
  • aspenaspen Registered Users Posts: 154 Curl Neophyte
    I get five day hair pretty much every week now, which is a great save on money and time! For my first day of hair I use curl keeper and the curly solutions gel, and then I pineapple my hair every night and spritz it with water an argan oil refresher in the morning and just flip my hair around and rub at my roots to keep it from deflating.
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    aspen wrote: »
    I get five day hair pretty much every week now, which is a great save on money and time! For my first day of hair I use curl keeper and the curly solutions gel, and then I pineapple my hair every night and spritz it with water an argan oil refresher in the morning and just flip my hair around and rub at my roots to keep it from deflating.

Kudos to you for being able to achieve 5 day hair! Thanks for sharing exactly how you do it. I'm glad that you've got a regimen that works well for you!
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I use la looks wet look gel and love it. I get 4 day hair but push to 5 days because of my work schedule. But still doesn't look too bad.
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Registered Users Posts: 859
    I can reach 5 days but 4th and after my hair is mostly frizzy. Although I don't refresh at all the other days. Just pineapple during night.

{Stats for mobiles}
    M/C, High Porosity,Normal Elast. 2c/3a Boticelli/Corkicelli
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014