It's too hot and this 3c hair isn't happy about it!!

mmkinseymmkinsey Registered Users Posts: 4
Hey guys!!

I'm new to the board, and just did my big chop in April!!, I will post pics soon, but currently I do co-wash and go's I use VO5 conditioner, then Aussie Moisture Conditioner, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner, then Eco Style Gel (green one) everyday. But, since it's hot now, and my hair is now 2 inches long, FRIZZ is a BIGGG Problem!! What can I do to control it? Any suggestions would be helpful

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Registered Users Posts: 729 Curl Neophyte
    Try using less of each individual product if you can. If you can't, then try skipping the heaviest product. Since it's hot, and depending on where you are more humid you may not need it.

You may also have to completely change products too. That will have to be something you experiment with and will depend on your hair properties. Experimentation will definitely go a little easier if you know what those are- so your porosity, texture, and density since you already know your curl type and length.

Porosity can be easiest found out by looking at how long your hair takes to dry without product, long time = low; short time = high; in between = normal. There are other things too, like how long it takes to get it wet, how well it absorbs product, etc.

Texture refers to how thick each hair strand is. Thick strands- think a piece of thread (or in terms of hair, I read somewhere pubic hairs given as a reference value). Fine hairs are the thinnest, and for instance my hairs pretty much disappear when they shed and fall away. Medium is somewhere between the other two.

Density is how much hair is present in a given area- so high density hair has a lot of hair packed into a specific area. Low density hair doesn't have a lot of hair in a specific area- so you might see a lot more scalp with low density hair whereas you won't really see a lot of scalp in high density hair. Medium density hair will again be somewhere in the middle.
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • mmkinseymmkinsey Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thanks, I actually tried Hair Milk (just for me version) and its actually good. My hair didn't get frizzy, I actually cut the gel out of my daily hair regimen.
  • ReservechicReservechic Registered Users Posts: 798
    mmkinsey wrote: »
    Thanks, I actually tried Hair Milk (just for me version) and its actually good. My hair didn't get frizzy, I actually cut the gel out of my daily hair regimen.

Good for you! I'm so glad that you found a product that's giving you great results!:wav:
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • lolo918lolo918 Registered Users Posts: 729 Curl Neophyte
    Glad to know you were able to find something! It's the best feeling, isn't it?
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • mmkinseymmkinsey Registered Users Posts: 4
    Yes it is, I actually did another post, showing my BC two months ago. I'm new to the board so, I'm happy to be amongst my Natural Hair friends!! And I'm just posting and posting, and doing more posting =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file