Help!

CherrycurlCherrycurl Posts: 7Registered Users
I recently started working out every day and it's going well, but my hair is a bit confused by the change. It does not handle being washed everyday so I've been on a 1-2 times a week co-wash for several years. Now the sweat from my workouts (sorry, bit gross) is making it limp and frizzy and my curls become a semi wavy mass - not cute. :sad3:

I've tried water with lavender and it helps a bit... But I'm stuck as to what to do, especially to revive second or third day hair.

What do you use to revive your curls? What kind of routine do you use?

Comments

• geekrockgirl85geekrockgirl85 Posts: 170Registered Users
    I was having a similar problem with grease relaxing my hair a bit, not due to working out, but as a side effect of being too used to washing with sulfates; I thought I needed to do it far more often than reality required, and didn't know what a thorough, proper scrub looked or felt like when I switched over to cowash.. lol.

Anyway, I have found (thanks to advice gleaned from poking around here) that when my hair is feeling that way, soaking it in the bath or shower followed by a brisk water-only scalp massage helps to break up the ick.
    2c. present color& past heat damage, fine, low-density, high porosity, happy with some protein. re-CG as of 5/2014. Wash:V05 PFS or KLS, RO: (trying to use up my stash; so it's always different!), LI: Cure Care, DT: SM Smooth & Repair Hair Masque, Style: Ecostyler Olive Oil / La Bella Lots of Curls gel
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cherrycurl wrote: »
    I recently started working out every day and it's going well, but my hair is a bit confused by the change. It does not handle being washed everyday so I've been on a 1-2 times a week co-wash for several years. Now the sweat from my workouts (sorry, bit gross) is making it limp and frizzy and my curls become a semi wavy mass - not cute. :sad3:

I've tried water with lavender and it helps a bit... But I'm stuck as to what to do, especially to revive second or third day hair.

What do you use to revive your curls? What kind of routine do you use?

Do you rinse it out? Or like the other poster said, maybe just a good water wash is enough if you were doing well on 1-2 times a week co-washing. You might look into a dry shampoo. I understand they are quite good anymore.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file