Finger Comber Unit

scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
I don't know how, but I came across this site the other day. Has anyone ever tried one? I would love to hear that you think. They are wigs and it advertised as good for protective styles

Home / FINGERCOMBER.COM

Urban_slide.jpg

NO-LEAVE-OUT-SLIDE-SHOW-AND-TUTORIAL.jpgweekdayfn.jpg

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    beautiful
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Registered Users Posts: 468 Curl Neophyte
    A lot of people use the fingercomber hair for Kinky twists and the like but I didn't know they had wigs.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    Holy crap! What gorgeous & realistic looking wigs!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • WumiWumi Registered Users Posts: 185
    I'm impressed, it's realistic!

I wonder if you can put it into a bun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No heat since August 2015 :)
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    I've heard of them never tried though
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    I am going to order one but I can't decide what I want!!!!!!!!

urban bob? Angled balance? kinky blowout with curling wand? havana twists with flexi rods
  • josie32320josie32320 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I placed an order on 6/29/14. As of today's date (7/13/14), I am still waiting for my units (the finger comber and the angle balanced bob). I've emailed the company 3 times at the email address they provided regarding the status of my order, and still no response what so ever.from anybody. If I haven't heard from them by Tuesday, I'm going to dispute the $170 charge with my credit card company.
    Lesson learned: Research before you buy.
  • pinkpostitheartpinkpostitheart Registered Users Posts: 112 Curl Neophyte
    josie32320 wrote: »
    I placed an order on 6/29/14. As of today's date (7/13/14), I am still waiting for my units (the finger comber and the angle balanced bob). I've emailed the company 3 times at the email address they provided regarding the status of my order, and still no response what so ever.from anybody. If I haven't heard from them by Tuesday, I'm going to dispute the $170 charge with my credit card company.
    Lesson learned: Research before you buy.

Have you also tried calling any customer support number? I hope your CC company is able to resolve by refunding the charge to you if there's no shipment.

Please let us know how this turns out! I'd love to know how they (Finger Comber people) resolve this for you, or if you don't get any resolution.

event.png

Last Relaxer: 12/24/2012
    Weekly Products I'm Using:
    Pantene Relaxed & Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
    Blue Magic Hairdress
    Grapeseed Oil
    my hair is normal-ish porosity / dense / fine+medium strands
    i really hope your units show up!!!

I have seen complaints about shipping. Since I run a small business and make things by hand as well, i won't hold that against them. so if I order, i will give them a couple of weeks before I complain or worry
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Registered Users Posts: 332
    They say on there website their shipping time is about 9 business days. Excluding the holiday,it seems the time you made your first post is around the time they should start preparing for shipment.

I think it's a bit premature for a chargeback, personally, but I hope everything works out.

The wigs are beautiful, looks hot though.
    I placed my order yesterday!
    Well guess who just got a shipping notification. wooohoooo!!!!! that was less than 24 hours.
    The new wig arrived. Here she is straight of the box. Im not aure sure how I feel about it yet. Im not used to wearing wigs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    Looks cool!! What do you think about it now? If you're not used to wearing a wig it will be weird at first. When I wear wigs I wear them so drastically different, like I'm not even trying to play it off as my hair-I just own it. People just have to accept it or keep their mouths shut LOL.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    It's a little too shiny. I even tried to let a friend borrow it this past weekend and she said the same thing. So i gave up on synthetic hair. I took the plunge and did a sew-in. It blends really well with my hair but I am still getting used to it. The hair is mongolian kinky curly
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Did you try shampooing it a few times? I found that took off some of the shininess when I wore wigs. I like how it blends with your hair line
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • juanabjuanab Registered Users Posts: 4,037 Curl Neophyte
    Scrills, if you don't want it. I will take it off your hands. I love it!

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
    I might just take you up on that. now that i have my sew-in, i know what i need in a wig. I need to be able to color it myself. And I don't want this hair to go to waste
  • juanabjuanab Registered Users Posts: 4,037 Curl Neophyte
    Ok, just let me know. My daughter keeps telling me that I need to get a wig so I can give my hair and hands a rest.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • NubianPrizeNubianPrize Registered Users Posts: 123
    I have one & used to wear it in twists but last fall ( 2013) had it cut down to a nice afro I wore as a protective style last winterImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414641482.916653.jpgImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414641770.662706.jpg

Very good quality wig. Had it for about 2 years & it doesn't look worn at all. Looks just like my 4 ab hair ! Nice large cap will hold a lot of hair under it & it's not too hot.
    Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
    Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
    Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products
  • NubianPrizeNubianPrize Registered Users Posts: 123
    Hope these pics come thru
    Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
    Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
    Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file