Hey, Hello from the UAE :)

vulcanhairvulcanhair Posts: 1Registered Users
I'm a somali girl and I'm mostly having 3C hair type and have some 4A in my crown area.
I've never colored my hair,used relaxer...basically did nothing to my hair chemically.
But I've straightened my hair too often back in high school.
However I cut off my hair to a little past ear length last year and now it's a bit past my shoulder, my goal is waist length.
I grew up with long hair but i ruined my hair with the heat >.<
My mom's a 4c and my dad's got wavy hair...
I've recently started more protective styling.
Do you have any tips to grow hair longer i feel like i get a lot of breakage and my hair just stays a little past shoulder for like years >.<
:)
Thanks,

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome!

I hope other members with your hair type will chime in.
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    vulcanhair wrote: »
    I'm a somali girl and I'm mostly having 3C hair type and have some 4A in my crown area.
    I've never colored my hair,used relaxer...basically did nothing to my hair chemically.
    But I've straightened my hair too often back in high school.
    However I cut off my hair to a little past ear length last year and now it's a bit past my shoulder, my goal is waist length.
    I grew up with long hair but i ruined my hair with the heat >.<
    My mom's a 4c and my dad's got wavy hair...
    I've recently started more protective styling.
    Do you have any tips to grow hair longer i feel like i get a lot of breakage and my hair just stays a little past shoulder for like years >.<
    :)
    Thanks,

Welcome!

Protective styling sounds like a good first step! Excess heat styling is a major cause of breakage, so kicking that to the side was a wise choice. Make sure you maintain good moisture levels to further decrease the possibility of breakage.

From ear length to shoulder length in a year is quite a bit of growth. Have patience and stay committed to a healthy regimen, and you'll reach your goals in no time!

🌻
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    Welcome!:toothy4:

First, it is best that you start building a regimen that will allow for you to wear your hair in it's naturally textured state. And I would recommend giving your hair a much needed break from using direct heat on it. I'm not saying that you should never use heat on your hair again. But, when you do, I recommend really spacing out the time between each hair straightening as much as you can.

There are lines such as Shea Moisture, Eden Body Works, As I Am, Cantu, Mixed Chicks, Miss Jessie, Jane Carter, Kinky-Kurly, CURLS (they offer both a professional & retail line) that are all haircare lines worthy of you checking out. These lines are carried in a number of stores as well as online. If you happen to live near a Target, I would definitely recommend going there and checking out the lines I mentioned. Or many of these lines are being offered in Walmart too. Some of these lines you can find in Sally's, CVS, and even Walgreens. If you have tried any of these lines, please let me know which products you've tried from them and how they worked for you.

It's not that your hair isn't growing. It's just you haven't been able to properly retain the length due to your not having a healthy hair regimen in place. Therefore, your hair wss repeatedly going through cycles of damage. Protective styling is surely okay to do. But it is still very important that you do use the right products on your hair that is designed to not onlly make your hair look its best, but also promote healthy hair growth too.

Also, I do recommend drinking a lot of water. As it is great for our body internally as well as for our skin and hair. And, I recommend taking a daily multivitamin if you are not currently do so.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file