Want to go lighter. Suggestions please!

manticsmantics Registered Users Posts: 5
So I tried the honey lightening thing and I thought it kind of worked then continued and there was no change so I think it's because my hair is low porosity and it can't soak up the honey properly.

I was wondering what box colors or any other suggestions people had besides getting it done professionally (too poor for that now :sad5:). I'll attach some pictures! Thanks!

The first picture is of me (ignore the snapchat lol) and the other two are my goals.

Comments

• anonymous_166474anonymous_166474 Registered Users Posts: 70 Curl Neophyte
    mantics wrote: »
    So I tried the honey lightening thing and I thought it kind of worked then continued and there was no change so I think it's because my hair is low porosity and it can't soak up the honey properly.

I was wondering what box colors or any other suggestions people had besides getting it done professionally (too poor for that now :sad5:). I'll attach some pictures! Thanks!

The first picture is of me (ignore the snapchat lol) and the other two are my goals.

If you want to go lighter, medium ash blonde or light ash blonde will do it. Look at my pics. Revlon and Loreal paris are some good box dyes. Youtube has some vids on people who have done this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kosher Curls
    mostly 3b curls
    Low Porosity
    fine, medium, coarse
    medium to high density
    Products: Giovanni direct leave in and olive or argan oil eco styler.

LONG: 10"+ (armpit to waist length)
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Banned Users Posts: 1,073
    You could've used heat over a plastic cap to help the honey penetrate the hair and then wrapped a towel around your head to keep the heat in. Here's a couple of other natural recipes that you can try:

1)
    Last night I saw a recipe that includes 1 C. chamomile tea, 1 potato cut up in small pieces and the juice of a fresh lemon (online I read a recipe that said 1 C. lemon juice...). You let the tea cool down and then put everything in a blender, then you the mixture on your hair and cover it with a plastic cap and leave it on at least 1/2 an hour.

2) A video where the girl uses a honey/cinnamon/OO mixture. She uses the solid type of raw honey but I think that's not absolutely necessary. There's variations of the recipe there so you may want to look at other videos, and the advantage of this is that you can use it every week to give yourself natural looking highlights.

But if you're definitely decided about using "box" color, a pretty inexpensive product that will not harm your hair (the CO that comes with is great!) is Revlon's Colorsilk (less than $3 at W-M), just leave it on 10-15 min. longer than the instructions say for max. lightening. You can choose a light blond or even an extra-light blond (they come in natural, gold & ash) and it will lift several levels. You could even repeat it later to paint some strands to give yourself highlights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file