What's new for fine wurlies?

SbudskySbudsky Posts: 261Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi Everyone! I used to come on here all the time a few years ago and was pretty obsessed with CG, but I (gasp) started straightening again and eventually drifted away from following the boards.

I'd like to start to wear my hair curly again from time to time, and so I wanted to check back in to see if there's any great new products or techniques I've missed in the past couple of years. My hair is very fine and has a pretty solidly 2c pattern, but has a hard time keeping it's shape throughout the day (especially now that it is super damaged). I've historically had the best luck with the Spiral Solutions line, but I'm not sure if it's quite my HG. I'm looking for something as natural as possible that won't look or feel producty. Any recommendations you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sweet Curls Elixirs on Etsy. My curl pattern is more 3a, but my hair is fine and the curl pattern is very easily stretched out. I love the okra gel and the hard hold elixirs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • SbudskySbudsky Posts: 261Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Corrina. I hadn't heard of Sweet Curls Elixirs, but the line looks great. Thanks for the tip!
    waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Corrina777 wrote: »
    Sweet Curls Elixirs on Etsy. My curl pattern is more 3a, but my hair is fine and the curl pattern is very easily stretched out. I love the okra gel and the hard hold elixirs.

Your hair sounds and even looks a lot like mine, only you seem to have more volume than me. :)
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Corrina777 wrote: »

Your hair sounds and even looks a lot like mine, only you seem to have more volume than me. :)

My hair is super thick (I met FIA definition of thick hair after a stylist took thinning shears to my head), so I usually get decent volume, unless I use a really heavy gel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file