Growth rate???

KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
Among the threads here I have seen the matter of growing and how fast or how slow it can be.

From what I can measure since I used to dye my hair I have gained total of close to 4 inches in time span of 4months. Do you think that rate is normal/fast/slow?

Have you measured yours/know how fast it grows??
2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
DT: EVOO, C.O
HG
Goal: WL when curly
CG since Feb 2014

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's pretty fast- the average rate is around a half an inch a month. It can be as low as a quarter in a month.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mine grows about half an inch a month, perhaps a little more in some months. I'm pretty sure that's about average, so I'd say your one inch a month is great. :)
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Then length thought doesn't shows though. Is my hair curling that much that I don't notice it??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    It can. My nape hairs reach a little past my collarbone when I stretch them out....but with natural shrinkage they barely lay on my neck.

CG since November 2013.

Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    lolo918 wrote: »
    It can. My nape hairs reach a little past my collarbone when I stretch them out....but with natural shrinkage they barely lay on my neck.

Yea but you have amazing 3c/4a curls. Mine on good days are barely 3A

xD I wish I had your hairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <3!
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Mine grows about half an inch a month, perhaps a little more in some months. I'm pretty sure that's about average, so I'd say your one inch a month is great. :)

Totally irrelevant but do you like Desert Essence curl cream? lol:happy9:
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    lolo918 wrote: »

Yea but you have amazing 3c/4a curls. Mine on good days are barely 3A

xD I wish I had your hairrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <3!

Awwe thanks! I've been seeing your awesome hair too!

I think there was at one point a thread talking about shrinkage rates somewhere. Sometimes it is very nice to have that surprise of pulling a curl down only to see my hair has grown much more than I had thought.

CG since November 2013.

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Totally irrelevant but do you like Desert Essence curl cream? lol:happy9:

I do. I sometimes use it in place of a leave in, and I often use it to scrunch second day hair after spraying with water. :)
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • elenaaelenaa Posts: 190Registered Users
    my hair grows pretty slow so to me that sounds about right. Also I get alot of shrinkage so I felt like my hair wasn't growing for the longest time I always stretch it so that makes me feel a little better lol but when I straightened it after a while and I noticed the differences from the last time it was straight that's when i knew :glasses1: !
  • JimipeJimipe Posts: 276Registered Users
    My hair grows at a similar rate (2 cm-2.5 cm per month). Yes, it is fast. It also means that I can chop of 4 inches twice a year and still gain length every year. It also "saves me" when I time after time after time have been to surgery and they have shaved off some hair (around a ear, but still) and I have had waist length hair before.

No, it is not really visible unless it is wet. Everytime I do a length check wet I tend to get surprised of the actual length due to the shrinkage. When I last autumn realised that I was at hip length I was really surprised as I thought I was just at waist and felt I just a couple of months before had cut away a lo of hair...

While it is quite good and interesting when it comes to my hair, it is far more annoying with my nails. :(
    CG since 8th of September 2013 - learning in progress!

3a/m/iii - waist length wet
    Cleanser: Naturelle Volumizing
    Conditioner/LI: Garnier Respons Avocadooil and Shea Butter, Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume Conditioner
    Styling: Eldorado Hairgel Strong
    Jimipe wrote: »
    My hair grows at a similar rate (2 cm-2.5 cm per month). Yes, it is fast. It also means that I can chop of 4 inches twice a year and still gain length every year. It also "saves me" when I time after time after time have been to surgery and they have shaved off some hair (around a ear, but still) and I have had waist length hair before.

No, it is not really visible unless it is wet. Everytime I do a length check wet I tend to get surprised of the actual length due to the shrinkage. When I last autumn realised that I was at hip length I was really surprised as I thought I was just at waist and felt I just a couple of months before had cut away a lo of hair...

While it is quite good and interesting when it comes to my hair, it is far more annoying with my nails. :(

Ahhhh I have the same problem with nails. I can't retain any length because they are so weak.

Lol what I just.though was s dream I had of having waist length hair.

HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    My nails are in the other direction... Never break really unless I hit into something really hard. Can only cut some of them after a long shower as they are too hard to get through with a regular nail clipper otherwise.

Might explain why my hair despite being fairly porous naturally still manage to stay strong and not break even with colour and heat treatment. I find like one or two split ends per 6 months at most if I don't cut my hair twice a year.

Conditioner/LI: Garnier Respons Avocadooil and Shea Butter, Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume Conditioner
    Jimipe wrote: »
    My nails are in the other direction... Never break really unless I hit into something really hard. Can only cut some of them after a long shower as they are too hard to get through with a regular nail clipper otherwise.

Might explain why my hair despite being fairly porous naturally still manage to stay strong and not break even with colour and heat treatment. I find like one or two split ends per 6 months at most if I don't cut my hair twice a year.

Dam what do you eat and they are so strong. Mine used to be like that but then I was using so may glue on fake nails. After that I got permanent vertical ridges.

HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Honestly, my doctor said all my values was good last time but I was surprised. I have a long list of allergies and intolerances and really do not eat good at all, is what I would say. On the other hand, I do in general eat "cooked food" and plenty of protein as I essentially make everything myself and I eat somewhat decent amount of fruit and veg, of what I can eat. I honestly just think it's genetic, my mum and sister is the same, and it is sort of the one "well functioning part" as we all have a bunch of different autoimmun conditions. My body is somewhat broken otherwise. I usually say that at least I have a good brain from my parents but I should potentially add hair and nails to that list too.

Honestly, my doctor said all my values was good last time but I was surprised. I have a long list of allergies and intolerances and really do not eat good at all, is what I would say. On the other hand, I do in general eat "cooked food" and plenty of protein as I essentially make everything myself and I eat somewhat decent amount of fruit and veg, of what I can eat. I honestly just think it's genetic, my mum and sister is the same, and it is sort of the one "well functioning part" as we all have a bunch of different autoimmun conditions. My body is somewhat broken otherwise. I usually say that at least I have a good brain from my parents but I should potentially add hair and nails to that list too.

My stats were good as well and I always thought my hair was strong but my nails have been blehhh . My blood work didn't cover vitamins if that is possible only iron and feritine levels along with blood cells and such. Blood sugar and trigicerides or how.they are called. My mom was always on the fine side as far as hair goes and before my hair analysis I thought I was too. That is why I got really surprised.

HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    My hair almost reaches AMP length while curly. Ahhhh I wish it was bra strap already.

[Properties for mobile users]
    M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing old color
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • NyanCatMeowNyanCatMeow Posts: 49Registered Users
    1 inch per month is faster than average, and yes, it's possible for your hair to curl so much you don't notice. My hair looks almost the same length as when I cut it in November, but then it reached not even the middle of my neck when stretched, and now it's past my collar bones.
    Oh thank you for taking time replying!!
    lol my treads end as journals lol. To get an idea it has been a.month from the last visual length check, I don't want to straighten >.<, and my hair looks that long. I don't have a lot of shrinkage to make it not.noticeable.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406549847838.jpg

[Properties for mobile users]
    M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing out color and heat damage.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • BeautyOGBeautyOG Posts: 383Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair, if cared for properly, will grow an 1in/1 1\2in in a month. (It actually can in a week but I'm just going to round it off)

Sent from my QMV7B using CurlTalk App
    My Hair:
    3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Armpit Length, Curly

Current Products:
    DIY Shampoo
    Tresemme Aloe Conditioner
    It's a 10 Leave In
    Sweet Almond Oil
    Tresemme Mousse

Current Length Goal: Waist Length, Curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file