Before and After deva cut pictures from this week...

I transitioned my hair to going to it's natural curl in the fall. I got a ouidad cut in November and now finally got it cut again yesterday (May). This time it was a Deva cut. My hair was really in need of some shaping! (I can't believe how bad it looked in the back!!) And I really needed some styling tips!! I didn't get very good styling tips when I had my ouidad cut done in November. I realized I was trying all these products and ways of styling but nothing was going to help until I got it cut again. Here's my before and after from this week. I slightly feel like I have an 80's perm. It will be interesting to see what happens when I style it myself. (This is actually 2nd day hair.)

I LOVE the back of my head but from the front I feel a little like an 80s perm... So not sure what I think yet. The photo actually looks better than I feel like it looks when I look in the mirror. So hopefully it does actually look okay in person and not like an 80s perm.

I think you need to click on the photo to make it larger... The left photo of each one is before. The right photo of each one is after. I let it air dry that morning but they diffused it. I prefer air drying because it's faster and just occasionally diffuse it. But now I have some more experimenting to do with her new tips.
~Laura~

2a/b hair....I think??

Doing my hair curly is all new to me after blow drying and straightening for years.

Currently Using:
- Wash: DevaCare Low-Poo
- Conditioner and Leave-In: Aquage Healing Conditioner
- Style: Got 2 Be Kinkier mousse

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never had the ouidad cut, but my sister had it and hated it. I've had my second deva cut & love it. Styling it with gel and leave in will be great! Ever since my first deva cut everyone has been complimenting me on how great my curls look.
  • CurlyShorty3405CurlyShorty3405 Posts: 196Registered Users
    I've never had the ouidad cut, but my sister had it and hated it. I've had my second deva cut & love it. Styling it with gel and leave in will be great! Ever since my first deva cut everyone has been complimenting me on how great my curls look.

I've never had an Ouidad or Deva cut. My hair has been cut and trimmed the same way forever.
    2B-2C Density-Medium/High Width-medium Length-Medium

LoPoo: Onesta Hydrating Shampoo
    CoWash: LP Curl Conditioning Wash
    ROs: Onesta Hydrating Conditioner, LP Curl Detangling Rinse
    Weekly DC: LP Restore Mask Treatment
    Leave in: LP Restore Targeted Repair Cream
    Stylers: (in application order): LP Prime Style Extender Cream, LI, LP Curl Defining Style Cream, LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray, LP PHD Night Cap
    Sealer: Body Shop Olive Oil/Body Shop Argan Oil/Josie Maran Argan Oil
  • intotheirheartsintotheirhearts Posts: 52Registered Users
    Well my hair hasn't been curly in a long time. I lost the curl when I got pregnant 8 years ago. It has not come back and I didn't know who to go see for help on how to do it. It is a different type of curl from what I had before.
    ~Laura~

2a/b hair....I think??

Doing my hair curly is all new to me after blow drying and straightening for years.

Currently Using:

• eamoneseamones Posts: 53Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks awesome-a little bit goes a long way! Love the shape too. Enjoy it!
  • CurlyInTheFogCurlyInTheFog Posts: 876Registered Users
    You may find that you're happier with it once you've styled it yourself a few times. I like Deva cuts, but not the products or the standard styling techniques, so I think a new cut always looks better after I've styled it myself. I've noticed that some stylists giving Deva cuts now offer a cut-only service to existing clients, probably because a lot of people would rather do the styling themselves.
    3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
  • intotheirheartsintotheirhearts Posts: 52Registered Users
    Well I really needed both a cut and styling tips. I'm sure I could still use styling tips! I feel like I am forever in an experimentations mode. :/ I'm not sure whether to go with tips or try something else. But something must be better than what I was doing. Not sure what was up with the back of my hair in my before picture. That turned out horrible that day!
    ~Laura~

2a/b hair....I think??

Currently Using:

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You have pretty curls! You can really see the difference in the back pics - they did a good job with the shaping.
    3b in South Australia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file