Do men urinate more frequently than women?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
based on your casual observation?

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    With casual observation, I would say the other way around.

* that may be because I'm a pretty infrequent peer/pe'er(?) and I always notice women around me seemingly go a lot. I drink A LOT through out the day, and go maybe 1/2 as many times as those around me.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've always thought it was women. I'll often see a long queue for the ladies' toilet and none for the gents. I tend to go quite often myself. Being no stranger to urinary tract infections, I don't like holding it in or going too long without a drink of water.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Women go more often because we have smaller bladders.

I will sneak into an unoccupied men's room if the line is too long for a women's.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Women absolutely pee more often. I can't even imagine pregnancy at the rate I currently pee. I would have to move in to the bathroom.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do men urinate more frequently than women?

Not until their prostates become enlarged. Once that happens, men spend more time in the bathroom initiating a stream, and go more frequently because they don't empty their bladders effectively.

Women's bladders are no smaller than men's are for our size. Our urethras are shorter. Our bladders get pressure on them during pregnancies, get beat up by babies just moving around or using them as punching bags or kicking bags, and the ligaments supporting them stretch, the muscles (detrusor, and urethral sphincter) which control urination weaken.

The lines in front of women's rooms vs. men's rooms, though, have more to do with the logistics of toileting for women than for me. Men have urinals, and can simply unzip, point, urinate, shake, tug their clothing back into place, and zip. Women need to go into stalls, pull down multiple layers of clothing, sit, urinate, wipe, pull up multiple layers of clothing, turn around to flush the toilet, and exit the stall; and that doesn't even take into account juggling our purses.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think women go more often but I drink a lot of water so I'm always going
    Modified CG since Dec 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file