Proposals

DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
With it being wedding season, and a few of our fellow curlfriends getting engaged, I thought it would be fun to hear some of your proposal stories. Or, if you aren't married, what is your dream proposal? I just love engagements and weddings.

And....go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm following this thread! My dream proposal would be an actual proposal, and someone to propose. Lols but seriously speaking I think a place special to myself and significant other is most ideal. Like at the top of our favorite hike, or in our favorite park, favorite museum, etc.

I'm interested to see the answers posted!
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    I've been training for triathlons for a long time, and it is my goal to do the Ironman next september. If my bf and I are still together, it will have been over 2 years at that point and I would absolutely love for him to propose at the finish line after I complete the race.
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

tengoRizos wrote: »
    I've been training for triathlons for a long time, and it is my goal to do the Ironman next september. If my bf and I are still together, it will have been over 2 years at that point and I would absolutely love for him to propose at the finish line after I complete the race.

That would be quite an awesome way to wrap up such a big race!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    CG since November 2013.

Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can't remember the first two. Said no to both

Third one
    Him: I want you here more.
    Me: I live there.
    Him: Move here.
    Me: And walk away from my degree?
    Him: Would this be a good enough reason to?
    Me: Are you serious???? OK
    (I called it off 4 months later.)

Fourth one
    Me: So...the test came out positive.
    Him: You wanna get married?
    Me: Yeah, I guess.

I don't particularly want to get married again. But if someone really wants to ask me...I would want him to do it publicly, in a way that required thought and planning. And getting down on one knee and being nervous! LOL And then we just stay engaged forever.

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    These are great!

I think having him do it somewhere important to you is key.

My husband proposed in our first apartment. I'm super shy and hate attention, so I told him that if he ever proposed, not to do it in a public place. I'd be anxious and nervous and just plain uncomfortable.

So....he had my favorite part of Beauty and the Beast playing (my favorite movie, kind of our thing) when I walked in the door and got down on one knee, gave the best speech, then proposed. He was shaking, I was crying. It was beautiful.

It was our first apartment together, and money was tight, but he managed to get another job to save up for the ring. He even dressed up nicely for it and got his hair cut. The little details really made it so special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    On a pier in Pape'ete with a beautiful Amsterdam Sauer emerald ring. Everything I could want in a perfect proposal!

I smartened up and called it off 3 months later! Fabulous guy, just the wrong time in my life.

If it were to happen again, my dream would be the corn field behind my parents house during a big family event. I want it to be private, but I want to be able to tell EVERYONE right away. My family talks far too much, by the time I was on the phone with the second person, the rest would already know :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Lols, CurlyCanadian. My family would be exactly the same way.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using CurlTalk App
    CG since November 2013.

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    In Chicago in front of Buckingham Fountain on Memorial Day (also what would have been his brother's 30th birthday, was very fitting) with a random man we found who took a series of pictures of the whole thing with the skyline in the background! I couldn't have asked for anything better.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    When my cousin got engaged, they went to my aunt & uncles to tell them. My other cousin was over, and on the phone with me. I happened to be visiting my parents, and my Mom was on the phone with my Grandmother.

I my cousin screamed "They're engaged!"
    I screamed "OMG, he proposed!"
    My Mom yells to my Grandmother "S&A are engaged!"

Yeah...30 seconds and most of the family knew :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • ClarissasCurlsClarissasCurls Posts: 144Registered Users
    Mine is mostly known since I posted a thread with the link to the video of it, but I love hearing the stories too so I want to keep this going..

My now fiance and I had always discussed having pictures of us taken...just for fun and so we had some to frame and always remember ect because he had never had his pictures professionally taken and I hadnt had mine done since I quit modeling a couple of years back...anyways, the beginning of this year he finally said hey, why dont we have them done soon...maybe in May since itll be warm, but not blazing hot or anything. So I agreed and that was that. Then he kind of sprung doing it on May 22nd. Which is the day he gave me my promise ring in 2012. I didnt think anything of it. He said itll be nice to do on that date and we can get pics of the promise ring and it can just be a mini celebratory type thing. He was very casual and nonchalant about it. So I thought, how cute...lets do it. Well May 22nd comes around and we spend over an hour taking pictures at my FAVORITE location in the world...also where he took me on our first date in 2012...City Island in harrisburg, pa...and the photo shoot is coming to an end because of the rain but before it ends, he takes me to the back of the park where the water is and the photographer tells me to just look at him and he'd snap a few more photos and out of nowhere he pulls out a box and gets on one knee. And from behind me, his best friend was hiding in the bushes and comes to video tape the whole thing. I was COMPLETELY floored. It was beautiful. And I cant wait to get all the photos back from that day, pre and post proposal because it was so gorgeous. The bridges and water and land and scenery all together. It was the perfect time and way to get engaged for us. We were best friends for 4 1/2 years long distance before I finally took the plunge to come and visit him and weve been dating for almost 2 1/2 now. Almost 2 years of that was long distance with only a few trips in between and now ive been living with him in PA for 7 months. We plan on getting married 09/15/2017. Which will be the 10 year anniversary of when we met each other. I cant wait. Sorry for the novel, I just LOVE love and I hope to hear many more stories from yall! God bless.
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
    Mine is mostly known since I posted a thread with the link to the video of it, but I love hearing the stories too so I want to keep this going..

My now fiance and I had always discussed having pictures of us taken...just for fun and so we had some to frame and always remember ect because he had never had his pictures professionally taken and I hadnt had mine done since I quit modeling a couple of years back...anyways, the beginning of this year he finally said hey, why dont we have them done soon...maybe in May since itll be warm, but not blazing hot or anything. So I agreed and that was that. Then he kind of sprung doing it on May 22nd. Which is the day he gave me my promise ring in 2012. I didnt think anything of it. He said itll be nice to do on that date and we can get pics of the promise ring and it can just be a mini celebratory type thing. He was very casual and nonchalant about it. So I thought, how cute...lets do it. Well May 22nd comes around and we spend over an hour taking pictures at my FAVORITE location in the world...also where he took me on our first date in 2012...City Island in harrisburg, pa...and the photo shoot is coming to an end because of the rain but before it ends, he takes me to the back of the park where the water is and the photographer tells me to just look at him and he'd snap a few more photos and out of nowhere he pulls out a box and gets on one knee. And from behind me, his best friend was hiding in the bushes and comes to video tape the whole thing. I was COMPLETELY floored. It was beautiful. And I cant wait to get all the photos back from that day, pre and post proposal because it was so gorgeous. The bridges and water and land and scenery all together. It was the perfect time and way to get engaged for us. We were best friends for 4 1/2 years long distance before I finally took the plunge to come and visit him and weve been dating for almost 2 1/2 now. Almost 2 years of that was long distance with only a few trips in between and now ive been living with him in PA for 7 months. We plan on getting married 09/15/2017. Which will be the 10 year anniversary of when we met each other. I cant wait. Sorry for the novel, I just LOVE love and I hope to hear many more stories from yall! God bless.

I love this! So beautiful! You should definitely share some of those pictures! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

Thanks everyone for posting!

Keep 'em coming! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• ClarissasCurlsClarissasCurls Posts: 144Registered Users
    I definitely will! I should be getting them any day now. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file