30 Day Juicing for Hair Growth Challenge!

hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
Hey ladies! So, I just got a horrible hair cut and I'm super unhappy with how short my hair is now. I read an article on NC about juicing for hair growth and I downloaded the ebook that provides a 30 day juicing routine for hair growth. Is anyone interested in joining this challenge with me? We can exchange recipes and progress while at the same time getting all the other awesome benefits of juicing, like weight loss and healthier diet!
Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
Porosity: Low
Texture: Coarse (medium)
Kinking Present
Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly

Comments

• BruchildaBruchilda Posts: 126Registered Users
    Dont bother, hair won't grow faster than they re genetically predisposed to, no matter what. Save your energy for something else
    Juice is nice tho! :mrgreen:
  • BelleBohemienneBelleBohemienne Posts: 375Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bruchilda wrote: »
    Dont bother, hair won't grow faster than they re genetically predisposed to, no matter what. Save your energy for something else
    Juice is nice tho! :mrgreen:

Yep. It's true. And hair itself is dead. Your best bet is to take some Biotin 500 or 1000mcg and keep your scalp healthy. It'll take time to grow out, but it will get there.
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
  • LetitcurlLetitcurl Posts: 14Registered Users
    I wish I could make my hair grow faster!

Don't really think juicing will work or anything else :^(

If it is healthy and will give you something to think about besides your bad hair - go for it. I could use something new to think about but I am not a juice fan. Maybe I'll try weight lifting - far away from the mirrors!
  • hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
    I'm not thinking it could make hair grow faster...but the vitamins in vegetables and fruit are what people are taking hair skin and nails vitamins for. Juicing actually gets these vitamins faster and gives more than what a pill would give you. It's just healthy in general for your diet as well. Things like ginger and onion help with blood circulation on your scalp and these are included in some juices that you'd make. It's essentially the same thing as eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables for the vitamins essential for healthy hair growth. I wouldn't completely rule it out until you've read more on it. Super interesting read if nothing else :)
    Kinking Present

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

hcook5528 wrote: »
    I'm not thinking it could make hair grow faster...but the vitamins in vegetables and fruit are what people are taking hair skin and nails vitamins for. Juicing actually gets these vitamins faster and gives more than what a pill would give you. It's just healthy in general for your diet as well. Things like ginger and onion help with blood circulation on your scalp and these are included in some juices that you'd make. It's essentially the same thing as eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables for the vitamins essential for healthy hair growth. I wouldn't completely rule it out until you've read more on it. Super interesting read if nothing else :)

It's awesome that you want to eat healthy and it'll definitely be beneficial for your body. I would recommend that you take a good multi - vitamin or even a prenatal and introduce more fruits and veggies in your diet. The body regulates vitamins and minerals in the system and it does get rid of what it doesn't need, which is why you don't want to over do the vitamins because you could wasting money and time on extra stuff your body doesn't need. Also, you can have too much of a good thing so be careful because you can get zinc, iron, or other mineral poisoning if you ingest too much. Good luck with the new healthy lifestyle!
    ~Belle Bohemienne

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present." -Lao Tzu
    hcook5528 wrote: »

It's awesome that you want to eat healthy and it'll definitely be beneficial for your body. I would recommend that you take a good multi - vitamin or even a prenatal and introduce more fruits and veggies in your diet. The body regulates vitamins and minerals in the system and it does get rid of what it doesn't need, which is why you don't want to over do the vitamins because you could wasting money and time on extra stuff your body doesn't need. Also, you can have too much of a good thing so be careful because you can get zinc, iron, or other mineral poisoning if you ingest too much. Good luck with the new healthy lifestyle!

Thanks! Although, I have been taking a prenatal vitamin and biotin daily and my diet is already pretty healthy. I don't eat near enough vegetables and fruits though. Doctors actually recommend that people gain the vitamins and nutrients from the food sources themselves rather than from a vitamin pill. Juicing helps the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables go directly to your blood stream since there is nothing interferring with the processing. I'd rather have the vitamins straight from the food source than in a pill. Also, I've read that depending on the brand for vitamins, you may wind up getting less of the vitamin you're wanting. With juicing you know exactly what you're putting into your body. That is mainly what stood out to me.
    Kinking Present

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There are some vitamins you can't get from fruit and vegetables at all or in sufficient qualities which are essential for healthy hair growth.

Also depending how you juice you may not be doing yourself much good as you will remove the fibre from the fruit and vegetables. The fibre stops you over consuming them especially those high in sugars. This is why eating the whole fruit and veg is advocated over juicing.
    That's true but most juicers save the pulp which has the fiber and you can add some back into the juice or use it in other things. In addition, I'm not talking about doing a Juicing diet where all you have for food in a day is the juice. I'm talking about juicing so that you get more fruits and vegetables if you don't get them in your diet...it's an easy way to get more and get the vitamins you need from them. You can get other essential vitamins in other foods you'd eat.

I guess I don't understand why everyone is so against it since it was just a suggestion for a fun new challenge. Vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables help with healthy hair growth. Why not give it a shot for fun if for nothing else?
    Kinking Present

No one is against you, they are telling you the facts. I've had hair down to my butt and hair 2 inches short on my head. I've tried everything to make it grow faster and nothing helps. Hair grows as fast as it's meant to.

I personally love food and gain satisfaction in eating so I'm not going to start a juicing diet. However, if you want to then go ahead. Don't let someone's opinion bring you down.
    ~Belle Bohemienne

No one is against you, they are telling you the facts. I've had hair down to my butt and hair 2 inches short on my head. I've tried everything to make it grow faster and nothing helps. Hair grows as fast as it's meant to.

I personally love food and gain satisfaction in eating so I'm not going to start a juicing diet. However, if you want to then go ahead. Don't let someone's opinion bring you down.

Right, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm not giving up food I think that's crazy. I'm adding juicing to my diet I already have. I'm not going to be drinking juice for my 3 meals a day I could never do that. Also, I never thought it would make my hair grow faster, I know nothing does that. I'm saying it will be healthier and stronger with the added vitamins gained from juicing. You can juice things and eat regular meals each day. And that's what I plan to do.
    Kinking Present

• kezidigokezidigo Posts: 1Registered Users
    Having a long hair is often considered as a sign of beauty: It also means youth and vitality and many people associate it with health as well. Most of the women, if not all of them, would love to be able to grow their hair to a long, flowing length.

Thanks
    Right, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm not giving up food I think that's crazy. I'm adding juicing to my diet I already have. I'm not going to be drinking juice for my 3 meals a day I could never do that. Also, I never thought it would make my hair grow faster, I know nothing does that. I'm saying it will be healthier and stronger with the added vitamins gained from juicing. You can juice things and eat regular meals each day. And that's what I plan to do.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm a little confused. You said you wanted to try juicing for 30 days for hair growth. It's not crazy to go on a fast, many people do for different reasons. And you can live on a juicing diet, that's also not that crazy. There's more to eating than just consuming food on a psychological level. Now you're saying you know that juicing won't promote hair growth and you're doing it for nutritional purposes.

In any case, everyone here is just letting you know the facts. Juicing can be expensive depending on what you need and what you plan to mix in. The posters were just making suggestions and giving advice which is the whole point of this forum. People give their opinions and it's up to you whether you take it or not.

My friend told me one that I have to do what makes me happy, so you do what makes you happy. In the famous words of 311: "F**k the naysayers cause they don't mean a thing."
    ~Belle Bohemienne

Right, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm not giving up food I think that's crazy. I'm adding juicing to my diet I already have. I'm not going to be drinking juice for my 3 meals a day I could never do that. Also, I never thought it would make my hair grow faster, I know nothing does that. I'm saying it will be healthier and stronger with the added vitamins gained from juicing. You can juice things and eat regular meals each day. And that's what I plan to do.

I think I'm a little confused. You said you wanted to try juicing for 30 days for hair growth. It's not crazy to go on a fast, many people do for different reasons. And you can live on a juicing diet, that's also not that crazy. There's more to eating than just consuming food on a psychological level. Now you're saying you know that juicing won't promote hair growth and you're doing it for nutritional purposes.

In any case, everyone here is just letting you know the facts. Juicing can be expensive depending on what you need and what you plan to mix in. The posters were just making suggestions and giving advice which is the whole point of this forum. People give their opinions and it's up to you whether you take it or not.

My friend told me one that I have to do what makes me happy, so you do what makes you happy. In the famous words of 311: "F**k the naysayers cause they don't mean a thing."[/QUOTE]

Ok, I was generalizing and it was wrong to state that I think it's "crazy" to go on a juice only diet. However, this is still not what I plan to do. What I mean by a 30 day juicing challenge for hair growth is NOT that I think anything will make hair grow FASTER. It IS that I think there are things you can do, eat, and drink, to make sure the hair your are growing is healthier and stronger. I think juicing is one of these things. 30 day challenges are just things I like to do because I believe that for myself, if I can do something for 30 days then I can make it a habit. I've been reading up on juicing for healthy hair growth and just general whole body health and that's what drew me to this. I apologize for not being clear before. I don't believe anyone is "against" me I am just clarifying to those that state that nothing will make hair grow faster that I agree with them and that's not what I meant for this to be. Also, when offered information about the fiber concerns with juicing, I simply agreed that this is an issue and offered another solution such as adding the pulp back in. What I meant by stating that I don't understand why everyone is so against it is that I am looking for the other side...why might someone choose to not partake in this challenge so that I can learn more and determine if it's something worth doing. So far, the fiber thing is the only thing I see as a big drawback.

Sorry for all the confusion! I do really appreciate all feedback!
    Kinking Present

• BruchildaBruchilda Posts: 126Registered Users
    well in the case of hair, protein intake is much more important than juices.
    For someone who s concerned about their hair growth first priority is to get enough protein (and iron for women).
  • HeartsesHeartses Posts: 37Registered Users
    I'm sorry, but a lot of people are being really rude to the original poster. If you're against it or don't want to do the juice challenge why even come on here with your negativity? That's not what we're here for. We're in the grow out board for long HEALTHY hair. Any extra vits are good news IMO.

Anyway...
    I was reading about the juicing and apparently it actually works. Sure there is protein and iron. But what about silicon, sulfur, selenium, magnesium, other mineral and vits we need to grow healthy hair. Those are found in a lot of veggies and fruits. The avg. person gets 1-2 serving of fruits and veggies when we really should get 10-12 for healthy hair and body. Juicing helps to get those extra vits. Sure you can take them, but it's nice to consume them if you can. There's even a hair grow juice recipe on here with cucumber and ginger. Don't knock something until you try it! I would love to do the juice challenge but I don't have a juicer :cry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file