CG Method

ShadaeNaturallyShadaeNaturally Posts: 54Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hey ladies, I've seen the post where everyone is talking about the CG method and I just want someone to break it down for me nice & simple. Please lol I mean what all does it include besides no shampoo? I'm intrigued as well to know if any of you have tried it and absolutely hated it? Or how long have you been on the CG method?

Sent from my e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga using CurlTalk App

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The easiest way for you to have it broken down is to buy the Curly Girl book by Lorraine Massey and read it.

Apparently the current edition comes with an informative DVD.

Once you have read the book you will understand the GC method properly and the various confusing comments made on this board will make sense.
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Here is what you're asking for: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/trying-shampoo-free-method/14702-introduction-no-poo-method.html

You may want to check out this thread about Techniques when you're done with the above.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

• hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
    There is a ton of information on the CG method on this site and you can probably learn a LOT by just browsing around and looking at the different boards and articles. However, I didn't completely get how it all fit together until I bought the book. I think I only paid like $10 for it on Amazon. I got the newest one and it does come with a pretty great DVD. Another option is to go on youtube and check out some tutorials.

Personally, I have been using the CG method for about 2 months and I love it. I do use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while and I'll use a sulfate free shampoo when I've used too much product but the extra conditioner has definitely helped my curls.

I recommend checking out the thread on here that has a list of CG friendly products. Also, I'd get a hair analysis done by Goosefootprints on Etsy. Those two combined have made the biggest differences for me.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any follow up questions on what I've written!
    Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
    Porosity: Low
    Texture: Coarse (medium)
    Kinking Present
    Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly
  • ShadaeNaturallyShadaeNaturally Posts: 54Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both so much! I'll definitely look into what the both of you have written and get back to you. This may just be what my curls need!

Sent from my e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file