Super curly after DT but just one day...

I did a deep conditioning yesterday (as always: honey+olive oil+Conditioner) and after keeping it on my hair for 20min and rinsing it out and conditioning again with YTC Condi I ended up with my dream curls! I didnt add any gel, because I actually planned to co wash my hair again the next morning (had a job interview today :laughing6:).
My hair is normally like 50% 3a curls, 40% 2c and some strands are a 2b. Yesterday my hair was like 90% 3a bouncy non frizzy, shiny curls! I loved it! But of course in the morning my hair was, because of the lack of hold ( I use gel normally) not very defined anymore.
I am wondering now...do I not give enough moisture to my hair normally? Why I never ended up with curls like this with my normal routine? Or is the gel doing harm to my hair?
Ahhh...sometimes it is really like playing Sherlock Holmes! :angry6:

I wishI could have my curls like this always!
When I was a kid I had beautiful spiral curly, but also my hair was very heavy, so when it was longer (and with moms brushing) I ended up with spirals just half way. Now my hair is, as I said, just 50% 3a curls and than more or less wavy...
I hope Ill find the best way soon..
2c/3a curls
low porosity, medium/high density, medium width (as far as I see now ;) )
CG since March 2014

Still searching for the best products!

Routine now:

Cleanse/shampoo with YTC Nourishing Shampoo
Cleanse with SM Yucca Baobab Conditioner/Rainforest Moisture Conditioner
YTC Pampering Conditioner/Loreal Everpure Moisture RO or LI
For styling I use any Eco styler gel (do not like the Argan oil that much)
For DC I mix SM Condi+Honey+Olive Oil

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    From your signature, I see that you list mixing SM conditioner with honey and olive oil, and the Yucca Baobab conditioner to cleanse.

If you are using the Yucca conditioner in your deep treatment, I was thinking that it could be that leaving the conditioner on for that amount of time allows it to work as a mild protein treatment in addition to the deep treatment benefits? It does have vegetable proteins, but I could be very wrong. I'm just speaking from my personal experience of having a reduction of frizz with protein treatments, and curls that keep moisture and curl better.

You could always do DC's more often to see if it helps your hair to see if it's a moisture thing- so what I'm saying is that if you do them monthly maybe up it to twice a month. Then increase to 3 times in one month, and then to 4 times in one month. In the reverse, if you start to notice that your curls become stronger then start to disappear you can start with a clarifying wash and maybe skip the DC. If that doesn't help I'd assume that you'd hit your moisture limit, and add a harder protein treatment.
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file