Ridiculous Ads

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/ridiculously-sexist-and-racist-adverts-from-the-present-d

I don't have a problem with #8. I think waxing is a far better option then shaving.

enhanced-20254-1401113338-7.jpg

I think #14 is true. People will only treat you the way you'll let them.

enhanced-25084-1401114182-21.jpg

As far as the rest, OMG! The Proactive one I had to Google, totally thought it was just fake.

enhanced-20252-1401114045-15.jpg
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• aspenaspen Posts: 154Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I waxed my legs when I was 13 because shaving gave me terrible ingrown hairs and I have awfully hairy legs, I don't see the problem in waxing when you're young, it's not like they're going to get a Brazilian... I would hope.
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Several adds from other countries always baffle me. Bikini wax for girls 15 and under... Hmmm. School volleyball players do basically wear panties now, but it's still a little weird to see the wording. I occasionally look at banned commercials and just have to say WHAT? I try to keep in mind that some countries have little to no hang up's with the human body or sex and their adds tend to show a pretty good number of strange (to me or sometimes to anyone) commercials with naked men and women, but it doesn't always work. * Several are also no where near as PC, and fine with it.* I have to laugh at times.

This one...
    Attachment not found.

I also don't view pink glue for girls as sexist. Silly, but as long as you can buy some plain glue sticks as well it's all good. It's usually not the only option, and some girls do love pink.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^ And PS- When I say silly I mean the marketed "for girls". Not untrue and nothing wrong with it, but pink glue stick will do.

Mostly I think there are several other non inclusive things to worry about before glue stick packaging.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    aspen wrote: »
    I waxed my legs when I was 13 because shaving gave me terrible ingrown hairs and I have awfully hairy legs, I don't see the problem in waxing when you're young, it's not like they're going to get a Brazilian... I would hope.

Good point. Women rarely waxed when I was little. It was mainly shaving. Waxing your eyebrows became popular when I was in high school and it progressed from there. It was never highly advertised in my youth. It is far better when it comes to preventing in grown hairs, cuts, etc.

I can't bring myself to care about string cheese characters on the package either. When using your debit they can track who mainly purchases products. That makes more sense than women are worried about weight and men are not... Sexist! I am sure several women do purchase fat free items. I don't. I hate fat free. I just personally never hear many men talk about the latest fat free food item they love. Regardless, the string cheese face is stupid :)

One last ETA: I was looking at the few comments and saw a mother worrying about the damage that would be done to her son if he saw the "Just 4 Girls" wording on the glue stick package and got upset because he wanted it, and it's not for him. I do get where she is coming from but if that problem arises in the near future... Say so what, buy it, remove it from the package (same with magnets, though again, other options are made) and move on. As far as I can tell it's not written on the glue stick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe some of you have seen this already...George Takei keeps posting this every now and again. The reviews are hillarious.

Amazon.com : BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk) : Ballpoint Stick Pens : Office Products
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,228Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^This is hilarious. Some of the questions are priceless. Oy.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file