Help I cant figure out my hair type. Pic attached.

AmericanBeauty2AmericanBeauty2 Registered Users Posts: 10
I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread but I need help with what my hair type is. I cant seem to figure it out. Can some one tell me what type of hair I have. I attached a pic sorry its not a good one, I just kind of took my hair down after a couple days of not washing it, and just quickly finger combed so I could take the pic.

Thanks.

Comments

• genesischakiragenesischakira Registered Users Posts: 1
    I think you are like 4c
  • AmericanBeauty2AmericanBeauty2 Registered Users Posts: 10
    Thanks I appreciate it
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    If you are transitioning, you won't know your true hair type until you cut off the permed ends. The permed ends are stretching your curls and your curls will be different when you finish transitioning. You will have a better picture of your curls then. My hair was curlier when I cut out my curls.
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    Permed ends not curls
    no I not really transitioning Ive always hair pressed hair. I got a perm once years ago, and did not like it and cut it off, and then another time got a relaxer once, I dont believe it took well as it did nothing for my hair after that I had it shaved all off, never had one since. I just really wanted to know what my hair type was. I think maybe I posted this in wrong fourm I dont know really cause i new, anyway thanks for the advice.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Heat damage can change your curl pattern as well so until you are sure your ends aren't heat damaged you won't be able to tell your curl type.

I would concentrate on working out your other hair properties to help you deal with any damage from pressing.
    I dont think you get what Im saying I do not press or relax my hair this stuff I said was all in the past. I was trying to give alittle hair history. Im all natural now, Ive done the big cut ages ago, grew it out from TWA , its been atleast, 6 year or more, Now I just wash and wear my hair, Im trying to learn protective styles cause I want to grow it longer but because of were I am living its hard to get certain things. anyway thanks for the advices.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Registered Users Posts: 2,075 Curl Neophyte
    It's hard to tell your curl type from this pic, not just because it's blurry but because you said you took it after this:
    Having your hair up.
    Your hair not being washed for a few days.
    Finger-combing it.

All three of those could have stretched your curls out and so it makes it kind of hard to say what your hair type is based on that. Sorry I can't be of more help!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • SimplyDebraSimplyDebra Registered Users Posts: 17
    Yeah, your hair looks really stretched out. Does it curl up after you wash it, when it is still wet?

Combing can also stretch out your curls.
    simplydebra.com
    Last Relaxer: 11-1-13 | Big Chop 6-28-14 :toothy8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sorry I dont get you what do you mean by hair stretched. Can you explain.
    I finger comb cause i read some were that brushing and combing hair is not good for it.
    really I dont do much of anything to it, I guess I need a routine or something. and find out what products I should get.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file