Advise needed please

blissfulcurlsblissfulcurls Registered Users Posts: 36
Hi everyone I'm 3 months almost 4 months into my transition. I co wash once a week and and deep condition once ever two weeks...I'm not sure if that's what I should be doing but it works. My question is about products I do use coconut oil coconut milk and I have also mixed the two together. I am experiencing some breakage and was wondering if anyone can help me Minimize this be o would love to keep my length. I just cut 2 inches off and that was a Hugh step for me. I have attached a pic of my new growth if that would help. My go to hair style is a braid out.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CurlTalk App

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Where is the breakage? Where your two textures meet?
  • blissfulcurlsblissfulcurls Registered Users Posts: 36
    No my breakage is just from damage has split in etc. Be fore transitioning I suffered from dry damaged hair. I tried everything but the moisture would only last for a day or so and that was buying all kind of products.

• curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    You might want to find a curly stylist to let them trim your ends. Coconut oil is a good penetrating oil but some damage can't be repaired & must be cut out.
  • SimplyDebraSimplyDebra Registered Users Posts: 17
    Hi everyone I'm 3 months almost 4 months into my transition. I co wash once a week and and deep condition once ever two weeks...I'm not sure if that's what I should be doing but it works. My question is about products I do use coconut oil coconut milk and I have also mixed the two together. I am experiencing some breakage and was wondering if anyone can help me Minimize this be o would love to keep my length. I just cut 2 inches off and that was a Hugh step for me. I have attached a pic of my new growth if that would help. My go to hair style is a braid out.

If you are having breakage, maybe you should deep condition every week instead of every two weeks. My hair would be very dry after two weeks.

What is your routine after you wash? Are you heat-styling? That can cause breakage, too.

What type of product recommendations are you looking for? Shampoo? Conditioner? Leave-Ins? Co-Wash products?
    simplydebra.com
    Last Relaxer: 11-1-13 | Big Chop 6-28-14 :toothy8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file