LOC or LCO for high porosity 3b curls?

KipsicleKipsicle Registered Users Posts: 4
I have read so many different articles and threads and I still don't know what's best, usually I'd just put conditioner in my hair and leave it like that but now I'm trying to care for my hair as it's getting pretty long. For my c I just use diluted conditioner and for oil I use olive oil because coconut oil dries my hair out. I just wanna know what would be best to keep in my moisture :3 thank you. (One day when I go on a computer I'll upload a pic of my hair for a better reference)

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    What is your "L" or is it a combination of the diluted conditioner? If your hair is still dry, you may try a combination of items, such as increasing the ratio of conditioner to water. Or perhaps a different leave-in conditioner.

Is your hair damp or wet when you apply the LOC or LCO to your hair?
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • KipsicleKipsicle Registered Users Posts: 4
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    What is your "L" or is it a combination of the diluted conditioner? If your hair is still dry, you may try a combination of items, such as increasing the ratio of conditioner to water. Or perhaps a different leave-in conditioner.

Is your hair damp or wet when you apply the LOC or LCO to your hair?

Thank you for answering, my L is just water and I do this method to my hair after I wash my hair and leave it in a microfibre towel for 10 mins so it's a bite more than damp. I wash my hair once or twice a week and just co wash when my hair looks sad and dry
  • RimiRimi Registered Users Posts: 2,001 Curl Neophyte
    Hi! My hair is kinky-coily, however it is also high porosity.

My method is LOCO. My liquid is aloe Vera juice or water. Oil is my castor oil/grapeseed oil mix. Cream is whatever conditioner I'm using at the time (right now I'm using YT Carrots).
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    Kipsicle:
    If your hair stays moisturized w/the current routine, stay with it. Just concentrate more on your ends since they are the oldest and driest part of your hair.

If you don't mind, try sleeping with a silk or satin bonnet (make sure the edges are NOT cotton!) on ensure moisture stays in throughout the night.

HTH :)
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • FlemishCurvesFlemishCurves Registered Users Posts: 52
    I do LI + vitamin E oil + gel on wash days. On other days I do water + gel + vitamin E oil.

So when my hair gets fully wet and co-washed LOC, other days LCO.
    3A/3B Corkicelli

What a hairdresser once said 'behind my back': Her curls are like owning a Ferrari but not knowing how to drive it.

What I should have answered: Me letting you cut my hair is like owning a Ferrari but letting a 15-year-old who takes autoshop do the maintenance.
  • MissCamilleMissCamille Registered Users Posts: 47
    I am a 2B but my hair is bleached and highly porous. I use Ology detangler with protein after leaving hair up and a turbie for 10 minutes post shower. I let that sit for about 5 minutes and then I apply GVP conditioning balm as a leave in. I then apply the Shea moisture reconstructing elixir on my hair. I make my part and finger detangle and then do not touch at all while drying. I also cowash with protein conditioner everyday and shampoo when I need it. I sometimes use gel but only when I want a more defined look. If I use gel, I use LA Looks after applying the oil to my hair.

I really like the LCO method for my fine porous waves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file