manic panic?

ChickenoverlordChickenoverlord Registered Users Posts: 3
So im looking to tint my hair red without bleaching, nothing too permanent. I have 3B mbl hair. Ive been using black cherry koolaid mixed w/ coconut oil and a deep treatment, but im looking for something a bit brighter. Any experience with manic panic?

Comments

• anissafersureanissafersure Registered Users Posts: 255
    I dyed my hair with manic panic Hot Hot Pink for about 7 months. My hair is a mixture of 3b/3c and it worked well. I bleached my hair though. It would last about about 2 months before I had to touch it up again with color, I think that's because coarser hair can retain color a lot better. Plus I only washed my hair once a week. I'd say you should give it a try!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    I've tried the Manic Panic a couple of times, and didn't have good luck with it. I had much better luck with Special Effects, which a friend applied, but have never been able to get my hands on the colour I want, Wildflower.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • ZoevaZoeva Registered Users Posts: 20
    ^

Have to agree with you, I've heard horror stories of staining with manic panic so I'd personally try other brands like special effects. There is another one, but I can't think of the name...
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    I loved manic panic as far as color was concerned, but it faded way too fast for my liking. I used to have a full head of pink hair, but I bleached it first to get it bright (medium brown hair here). Anything in the red family will fade pretty fast. (and blue even faster)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    I was going to say Manic Panic must have changed a great deal since 95. I used Vampire Red to it's full intensity. My hair was a bright, bright, true red. It stained my hair. I had to let it grow out and that is insane with red color.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KnottyKnotty Registered Users Posts: 164
    I like Punky Colours.
    3c/4a
    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file