~

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
~

Comments

• godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I've never done it (and so far have never had a problem). :oops:
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I don't do an allergy test prior to color, either.

I'm sure there's someone out there who is allergic to haircolor, but my guess is it's few & far between. I am guessing that the hair color companies are protecting themselves from being sued.

Sounds to me like your son was looking for an excuse to not color his hair rather than telling you he changed his mind. Sounds like something one of my kids' would do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ~
    Well... I read to him off the sheet what he needs to do & I think he's just being lazy in that he doesn't want to deal with all that's involved. :lol:

So I suggested he go to a beauty college if he wants to save money yet get it done.

I think that's what he's going to do, but he's probably waiting for me to make the appointment for him & go along.

I bet he's a little "scared" too then. :wink:

Yeah. I think he would need mom along, especially when going to such a "girlie" place.

What color does he want to color? My son would want to go blue or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    ~
    He likes the color of his light to medium brown hair when it's wet, so I guess he wants dark brown to black.

Loreal ColorPulse is an easy, temporary hair color that might let him try out black to see if he likes it. My son used the black, once. It didn't turn his hair jet black, but definitely darkened it. It does wash out, too. I tried the copper color once and it even washed out of my porous hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

~
    ~
    Let us know how it turns out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

~
  • snaphunksnaphunk Posts: 82Registered Users
    Glad he did the allergy test. I have lots of problems with hair colors. If he had some warmness on the inside of his elbow, he may have some sensitivity when he colors. Tell him not to wash his hair for 24 hrs before coloring. The natural oil buildup will protect his scalp. Hope he gets the color he wants.
    ~
    ~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file