tankini shopping?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Anyone seen any cute tankini type bathing (two piece but the top covers most of the torso) suits recently?

My one-piece is rather boring and IDK if I will be ready to break out in my tiny regular bikinis...that ship might have sailed. So I would like to try a tankini.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Not sure if the same collections are carried, but saw some really fun ones at Target here.

I have had good luck with Walmart in the past. Good support and last well. I haven't seen any that appeal to me this year, but may be different on the other side of the border.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    Athleta has some cute ones.

I'm done with bikinis, too.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 279Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Athleta has a lot of tankini tops on their website. Looks like the bottoms are sold separately. They show a couple of bottom options that match the top.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Andrea wrote: »
    Athleta has a lot of tankini tops on their website. Looks like the bottoms are sold separately. They show a couple of bottom options that match the top.

Awesome rec! Thank you! I shop at the Gap, BR and ON a lot but have never bought anything from there! Their selection is huge!

• CsaracCsarac Posts: 861Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I buy the Athleta bikini tops and they are fantastic quality, I assume the tankini tops would be the same. Their stuff is a little pricey but made really well and they last - I have bikinis from 3 years ago that still look and fit great. They have bra sized tops that fit a range (like 36DDD - 38DD) which I need.
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.

Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been looking for bikinis but ive seen a lot online at macys and in the store yesterday. I also noticed ralph lauren and nautica had some, not sure how cute they are..i just like the way their swimwear fits.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My last bathing suit was bought at 'Everything but Water'. If you have a store near by go shop because they are great at fitting. They also have an online website.

I bought bottoms, tankini and a bikini top that went together. It still looks great although I'm ready for another one...so I don't have to wear the same thing all the time. LOL
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My last bathing suit was bought at 'Everything but Water'. If you have a store near by go shop because they are great at fitting. They also have an online website.

I bought bottoms, tankini and a bikini top that went together. It still looks great although I'm ready for another one...so I don't have to wear the same thing all the time. LOL

That's where I bought my last suits from, too. But it was ages ago and the store has closed. I liked that place! I'll check out their site. thnx

• violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have been wearing tankini for years. I cant stand one-pieces an am too self conscious to wear a bikini.

I got mine last week at TJMaxx.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file