with some creams
and some gel
and then nothing does the trick
Please help me
My curly friends.
:afro:

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What is it exactly that you're wondering? How to pray?
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
    What is it exactly that you're wondering? How to pray?

Well I sorta did my best with praying but on the web they said there is no wrong way in praying.

Now I'm having trouble with entertainment. People were saying we aren't supposed to enjoy entertainment and we shouldn't laugh either. No youtube or soap operas or tv. I want to be able to be good, but I'm losing everything I usually did?
    No more gaming videos that I wasn't supposed to laugh at..
    No anime.
    No memes (jokes on webs I usually laugh at funny faces or like random situations.. Like I was walking to the store then found a random taco)
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can you clarify exactly what you need help with? What goal is trying to be met and where did all of those rules come from?
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the same questions as Perri. Exactly who are you talking to? There are several branches within Christianity and no two Churches are exactly the same. They have not been for quite some time. Some have no problems with the members drinking, and some do. Some are incredibly liberal, some are far more conservative. Regardless, I have never heard members of even the most hardcore and conservative churches (that I know) who do not allow drinking, had or still have partial dress codes, forbid Harry Potter or any magic themed game or show because it will turn your child into a practitioner of the dark arts, and prohibit dance say a majority of the things you just listed.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    But then again I have rarely been to church since 1990. Memes were not covered.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    I have the same questions as Perri. Exactly who are you talking to? There are several branches within Christianity and no two Churches are exactly the same. They have not been for quite some time. Some have no problems with the members drinking, and some do. Some are incredibly liberal, some are far more conservative. Regardless, I have never heard members of even the most hardcore and conservative churches (that I know) who do not allow drinking, had or still have partial dress codes, forbid Harry Potter or any magic themed game or show because it will turn your child into a practitioner of the dark arts, and prohibit dance say a majority of the things you just listed.

I know of churches that have all of those rules but they are few and far between
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How old are you?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    PerriP wrote: »

I know of churches that have all of those rules but they are few and far between

Same here but minus no laughing/memes/games/all tv. *I have a cousin in law who has submersed herself in a rather strict church but she still laughs her butt off and post memes all day. She is one who believes Harry Potter will turn her children into witches and sorcerers.* But I do agree, they are few and far between. Some of the churches I went to as a child had much stricter rules in the charter that they no longer followed. I also witnessed the Church of God women go from dresses 24-7 to pants, though they still prefer dresses for church.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Being a Christian doesn't mean that God doesn't want you to enjoy things or life. So I'm unsure where those rules came from. I'm a Christian and I watch youtube, anime (sailor moon), and "ratchet" television although I do tend to turn if the language gets out of hand.

You can laugh and enjoy things, because laughter and joy and fun and all those wonderful things come from God. He wouldn't give us those things if he didn't want us to experience them. Now laughing at jokes that are obviously WAYYY out of hand or perverted, I understand a feeling of guilt for laughing, but we're human. Just because you've given your life to Christ or chosen to follow Christ, doesn't mean you stop being flesh and blood.

So, in saying all of this, what is it exactly that you need help with?
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Maybe start off w/ a book like Christianity for Dummies or similar? Then ask away? Don't mean to blow you off but I'm not sure what you're asking or where you're getting your information. Maybe start out praying the Lord's Prayer (Our Father who art in heaven...) and ask for clarity and guidance? I've never heard of any of the restrictions you mentioned; nor am I aware of any basis for their restriction laid out in the Bible...except for the "folly" scriptures in Proverbs, perhaps. But if you feel convicted that those activities pose some harm to you or your faith, then you should follow your conscience, assuming that conviction is Biblically based.

I think you should study the legitimate tenets of Christianity, tho, before you start shutting out all sorts of things w/o understanding why.

My suggestion, read the Bible. Interpret it for yourself, because each of us has our own relationship to God independent of the agendas of churches or groups.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    so this is isnt a troll??

On a sidenote..i grew up muslim (similar values) and we had some hardcore teachers that basically try to tell us the same thing. That watching tv, wearing nailpolish, listening to music, etc is a sin. I went to a religious camp once and they tried to make it fun with outdoor activities, fitness classes, etc but the last day some of the girls were listening to music, singing along and barely dancing and one of the leaders was absolutely disgusted and told her she was getting drunk with music.

Basically you're supposed to live like caveman.
    Josephine wrote: »

On a sidenote..i grew up muslim (similar values) and we had some hardcore teachers that basically try to tell us the same thing. That watching tv, wearing nailpolish, listening to music, etc is a sin. I went to a religious camp once and they tried to make it fun with outdoor activities, fitness classes, etc but the last day some of the girls were listening to music, singing along and barely dancing and one of the leaders was absolutely disgusted and told her she was getting drunk with music.

But how much of that is actually in the Quran and how much is someone else's personal agenda? Bc none of the above is stated or implied in the Christian Bible. They partied like there was no tomorrow in the old and new testaments. Drinking, having fun, spending money, using make up all of that. Obviously there wasn't anime...but I don't recall anything related that was prohibited.

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Josephine wrote: »

But how much of that is actually in the Quran and how much is someone else's personal agenda? Bc none of the above is stated or implied in the Christian Bible. They partied like there was no tomorrow in the old and new testaments. Drinking, having fun, spending money, using make up all of that. Obviously there wasn't anime...but I don't recall anything related that was prohibited.

I don't know..im assuming really religious folks are interpreting something in the old testament that says no fun. Maybe somewhere it says not to be extravagant or live simply and thats where they get these crazy ideas from.
    ^ At times they have, and at times it is other views in the world they adopt depending on situations. I always felt like some churches in my area adopted complete prohibition and never let go, but I do come from an area that was once rampant in the moonshine trade. Even your most strict follower of no drinking has a jar of shine in their pantry for medicinal purposes. That wasn't exactly what they had a problem with. At this point I only see people really throw that at each other if it serves a coup. That is one of the main reasons I stopped going. My childhood preacher who was a very mild mannered man had the audacity to sit at a table with other people who were drinking, in a restaurant that served beer. He also had the nerve to marry a divorced woman. Keep in mind several divorced people attended church, and they had all ate in restaurants that served beer. That's all statistically unavoidable at this point. They only pull it out when it helps them get a new preacher in, and eventually they will do the same to him.

And then you have Catholics ;) Several other churches in my area have a laid back views on drinking. We have female minsters in Lutheran churches. The closest city has openly gay ministers of Lutheran churches that preach to a mainly heterosexual congregation. Methodists have came leaps and bounds on specific areas. It all depends on what door you walk in. Even in my smaller town, the man who constantly said prayer on school grounds was a Gay methodist who was booted from his church and didn't really have a fellowship home. It wasn't some raging Fundamentalist railing against the system. It's a mixed bag.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^ At times they have, and at times it is other views in the world they adopt depending on situations. I always felt like some churches in my area adopted complete prohibition and never let go, but I do come from an area that was once rampant in the moonshine trade. Even your most strict follower of no drinking has a jar of shine in their pantry for medicinal purposes. That wasn't exactly what they had a problem with. At this point I only see people really throw that at each other if it serves a coup. That is one of the main reasons I stopped going. My childhood preacher who was a very mild mannered man had the audacity to sit at a table with other people who were drinking, in a restaurant that served beer. He also had the nerve to marry a divorced woman. Keep in mind several divorced people attended church, and they had all ate in restaurants that served beer. That's all statistically unavoidable at this point. They only pull it out when it helps them get a new preacher in, and eventually they will do the same to him.

But where does it say no drinking??? (Not directing this at you just rhetorically asking...) It doesn't. It says not to get drunk. But they all drank! Hello, does anyone remember the miracle where Jesus turned water to ~wine~? There are all sorts of stories and metaphors about wine in the Bible...and only one of them bad.

But where does it say no drinking??? (Not directing this at you just rehetorically asking...) It doesn't. It says not to get drunk. But they all drank! Does anyone remember the miracle where Jesus turned water to wine? There are all sorts of stories and metaphors about wine in the Bible...and only one of them bad.

It doesn't. That's why I said they took a total prohibition stance. I think they responded to problems members of the church were having in a total... NO! way.

And to further on my edit... Several realized the problem with Leviticus.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My suggestion, read the Bible. Interpret it for yourself, because each of us has our own relationship to God independent of the agendas of churches or groups.

That is not bad advice, if one is honestly wanting to know more.

The additional stances or beliefs in churches are too numerous to number. Some basic principals run through all. Or I should say most. There are a few exempt from The Golden Rule.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No I'm not a troll everyone. I'm 14 and started two days ago so let me catch up.

I got the information from going around a lot of websites. I looked up is youtube a sin and the websites that were listed said yes. There is a Christian forum that were also strict on what I should do and what not.

I have no idea what branch I'm in.

There was one guy that said this: "we were not put on this earth to be entertained,but to work."

I also read on that Christian forum that watching pewdiepie (a gamer) is a sin because he plays games that murder like a game where you try to find the murder (he plays with other people) and it's really funny hearing their comments.

Of course I don't laugh at sexual jokes cause they are just not funny.

Overall I was asking help on whether or not it was okay to watch/ play games.
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    In my opinion, of course you can play games. God wants us to be happy, to laugh and smile and to be full of joy. That being said, there is content in movies, music, games, books, anything really, that I don't feel God would find loving, kind, and so on. I use what I've read in the Bible, or what my faith or connection with God tells me, to decide what I'll participate in. It's highly personal for me.
    The internet is full of conspiracy and religious theorists. You will find someone from every faith, those who do not practice a faith, along with everyone in between trying to tell you what you should or should not do. One might give the Bible as a reason, another might avoid due to what they perceive as sexism and another might name a inconclusive study that claims they make you a psycho killer. I don't like to treat people as if they will easily snap and harm or objectify people because they played a game, or watched a show, or ... There are usually many other factors than that. I am of the do what you are comfortable with group. You are ultimately talking about works of fiction that cause no actual harm to anyone as you watch or play.

*I am more of a spiritual person (if you will) than strictly and officially religious, and I don't think there are easy answers, period. That's why I say do what you are comfortable with. Only you know that. I'm completely comfortable with gore and gratuity. The human body and Dirty jokes do not offend me. I am not going to run out and hurt someone, start working in a strip club or do this and that because of a game or show or joke. That is not me to begin with and I am not that easily swayed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So as long as I don't sin in that way it's okay to watch the games?
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    I would not personally call playing or watching a game a sin nor do I think I has any high likelihood of turning you into a murderer. You're just controlling some graphics on a screen. I can't answer for you though.

*I have actually watched a couple of PewDiePie's video's when I have let YouTube go off on it's suggestions. Not many. I don't watch a lot of those in general because I know how people act when they play games. Anywho, cute little Swedish guy, right? In the ones I saw he freaked out while playing a scary game and cussed some. Not anything I personally object to or have not done myself while playing some games*

Regardless of what anyone here or on the internet in general thinks... What do your parents say? Do they have any objection to you watching or playing specific things at your age?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I would not personally call playing or watching a game a sin nor do I think I has any high likelihood of turning you into a murderer. You're just controlling some graphics on a screen. I can't answer for though.

Regardless of what anyone here or on the internet in general thinks... What do your parents say? Do they have any objection to you watching or playing specific things at your age?

No they don't.
    My family (mother and sister) are atheist so I'm on my own with this
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    I would not personally call playing or watching a game a sin nor do I think I has any high likelihood of turning you into a murderer. You're just controlling some graphics on a screen. I can't answer for though.

No they don't.
    My family (mother and sister) are atheist so I'm on my own with this

Gotcha. I would not concern myself so much with what different people on the internet think. It is a great deal of personal opinions, several of them can be pretty strange, and none of these extra stipulations on what you should or should not do can cover all. During the time when I went to church, no one ever gave me a specific list of things I could not watch/play/say, etc. I do realize that is not very helpful, but neither are some of the sites you are looking at. That is focused on things which have little or nothing to do with the whole. You are reading more on particular Church Charters before really knowing the basics.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    You're not raping, stealing,pillaging, or plundering . . you're playing a game. It's not reality. If it's what you enjoy, play.

With Christianity, there's no expectation of perfection. Jesus Christ died on the cross to forgive us of every sin, everyone will ever commit in their lives. You're covered under the blood, as they say.

Live your life and enjoy it. Now that doesn't mean run rampant and lose your mind with things that are obvious things you shouldn't do, but God gave us life to live abundantly.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
    You're not raping, stealing,pillaging, or plundering . . you're playing a game. It's not reality. If it's what you enjoy, play.

With Christianity, there's no expectation of perfection. Jesus Christ died on the cross to forgive us of every sin, everyone will ever commit in their lives. You're covered under the blood, as they say.

Live your life and enjoy it. Now that doesn't mean run rampant and lose your mind with things that are obvious things you shouldn't do, but God gave us life to live abundantly.

No no I would never do those things.
    Thanks for the help (and everyone else too)
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
  • butter52butter52 Posts: 292Registered Users
    uhm I have the feeling you are doing things in a "wrong order".

So let me see if I got it right, you just decided you want to be christian even though in your family they arent.

Well first thing you have to do is inform yourself:
    there is bazillions of different ways to follow christianity (so there is bazillion ways of right and wrong things), so first thing you want to do is decide how you want to follow it and if you still want to follow it. Learn maybe about the churches near you, and ask your mom help with it (let her acompany you, some churches are VERY cultish and you might not notice it, go with a reasonable adult always), or read the bible or get some classes (again with supervision of your mom) and follow it your own way.

Also again, you want to talk about all of this with your mom with an open mind, and dont take anything too serious, you can decide about if you want to join a church or a religion or if your really believe or not when you are older, there is no rush.
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Being Christian myself and coming from a country that is very Christian dominated I would say that what matters from my point of view is deeper things. Being mean, hurting someone, not helping even if you have any means to do it, deceiving, criticizing, making fun of. Being KIND mostly. This.is what I was taught. Maybe many "Christians" have the false impression that this is what makes them pure and cleansed. That reminds me of old times and those.priests that followed "The Law" by each word. Superficial only. Maybe some feasting two on special holidays like pasxa.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
    Find an easy to read version of the bible (new living is good or The Message). If you have a Christian store near you go in and say "I'm a new Christian. I need a bible I can understand. Please help me" they will be overjoyed to assist.

When you decided to become a Christian, were you at church? With a friend? Because those are resources for you, too.
    Praying is as simple as having a conversation with God. Ask for His help in doing things pleasing to Him. Ask for forgiveness when you need to, and read your Bible. The 10 commandments are a good place to start if you want a list of rules. (Not watching YouTube is not on that list :) )
    Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file