Have you ever felt like you need a reset button on your life?

cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I would say starting March of last year there has just been one thing after another in my life. I got a promotion at work, which is great and I worked really hard for it, but since then...dear lord, life hasn't stopped. I've been to countless funerals this year, 3 were my own family members, I've had my own illness which I just pushed through instead of stopping to get well because of everything else going on and as a result I've gained a lot of weight. My friends have had medical and personal tragedies and through it all I have more work and work-related stress because of "the big new job".

Today I have to go to a wake for the cousin of a dear friend of mine. I met her at family events and I really enjoyed spending time with her. She passed away very suddenly at the age of 38, she leaves her husband and 3 small children, the youngest isn't even a year old yet.

My own father died at 37 and I'll be 36 this summer, I feel like I need a reset to remind myself to take care of me, that there will always be stress at work and there will always be family stress, but right now my job is to get myself in a place where I'm physically and mentally capable of handling it all.

I'm going to Ft Lauderdale for a long weekend R&R with 4 of my closest friends from college. I can't wait, and I hope this will be the escape I need to get away from everything and come back refreshed and ready to really live.

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hope things improve for you.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes I have, more than once. I do think you can hit it, though. It won't be a complete reset, and it may take a few slaps, but you will get there. Just take care of yourself and enjoy your R&R!
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I feel like that right now. Is add if there's no yellow lights in my life and it's just one thing after another. Plus I have many chronic illnesses I deal with and ppl are not sympathetic. Not many. I try to just shut up and push through but it's making my symptoms get worse and worse. Today I'm just hiding in bed.

I did take my dog to the park today. I try to make sure he gets outside enough... But today I had to come right back home and take a painkiller, hop in my bed and cry. To me it's like an emotional spa treatment to have a good cry. 😖😭

It's tough to stay positive... But I try really hard to. Yogi Stress Reliever tea with milk and honey always makes me feel better😊

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep but I often think it's "me"I need to reset not my life. Sometimes I look around and wonder where *I* am. Reconnecting with good, old friends often helps me find myself which helps me deal with the rest
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    YES

All the best, TNB
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,765Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    (((Cailin)))
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yes.

Enjoy your trip!

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I'm actually wishing I could go back and choose a different job right now. Just feeling like I would be in a different place in my life.

I hope things get better for you and that you enjoy your trip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes!! Reset to Jan of last year!!
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If only! At the very least, back to before my car was robbed. Now that the car was recovered, it's a long incessant battle to try to get someone from the insurance company to talk to me so I know how the damage assessment went and if I will have to have anything repaired other than the jammed windows (the car was very dirty and some of that dirt must have got in).

And yeah...life in general, career path etc.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    1990 sounds like a good point. LOL

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thankfully not, though I'm with DaniGirl on the job thing.
    3b in South Australia.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i feel like a need a break, like i wish life would just leave me alone for a second so i can rest. it just never seems to happen. even when i try to take a vacation, it's not really a vacation because i'm with family and it's about making everyone happy and spending money that i don't have. i wish i could run away or if someone would help me. it just isn't happening, never gonna happen so i must trudge forward, try not to think about it and feel sorry for myself because things could be much much much worse. i have to be grateful and be happy for the things i do have and enjoy life, appreciate others and the moments i do get, like this one right now. i'm lucky i can take time to post on naturallycurly. i don't have to dig a ditch or ring up someone's take-out order.
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My "reset" button is situated on my butt so every time life knocks me on my ass it resets automatically. But i suspect its broken :(
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OBB wrote: »
    My "reset" button is situated on my butt so every time life knocks me on my ass it resets automatically. But i suspect its broken :(

This made me laugh :)

Forget a reset button...I just need to unplug. :/

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yea but sometimes its so hard. I need a big change.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You know what, I've asked to reschedule some of my vacations day. As of tomorrow, I'm taking some time off. On the 3rd, I'm travelling to stay with family. I can't wait to leave the office and take my much needed break already.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file