Second day hair?

qhoneyqhoney Posts: 12Registered Users
What does everyone use to freshen up their curls?

I've used some sort of conditioner/water combo in a bottle (it's too much condish for my hair), I've also tried lavender oil and distilled water in a spray bottle (leaves my hair feeling dry).

I'd prefer some sort of product that's an anti-humectant, CG-friendly (obviously) and possibly glycerin-free.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• BruchildaBruchilda Posts: 126Registered Users
    If you use leave in products after washing your hair (conditioner, mousse, gel, oil etc) you will only need a bit of water to reactivate the properties of those products . If you keep reapplying them you ll end with a mess build up or dull hair.
    Best anti-humectants are oils and silicones.

What I do is apply a leave in conditioner, mousse and few drops of oil after washing. The following days I wet my palms and scranch my hair to create curls agains. If I feel I need some moisture I apply 2-3 drops of oil after wetting. If I need more hold/definition I apply a little mousse or butter.

It mostly depends on your individual hair properties
  • qhoneyqhoney Posts: 12Registered Users
    Bruchilda wrote: »
    If you use leave in products after washing your hair (conditioner, mousse, gel, oil etc) you will only need a bit of water to reactivate the properties of those products . If you keep reapplying them you ll end with a mess build up or dull hair.
    Best anti-humectants are oils and silicones.

What I do is apply a leave in conditioner, mousse and few drops of oil after washing. The following days I wet my palms and scranch my hair to create curls agains. If I feel I need some moisture I apply 2-3 drops of oil after wetting. If I need more hold/definition I apply a little mousse or butter.

It mostly depends on your individual hair properties

What kind of oil do you use? Like jojoba? Thanks!
  • BruchildaBruchilda Posts: 126Registered Users
    Depends on your hair properties. If you have fine hair better stick with light oils like coconut oil.
    I can use pretty much every oil succesfully, but I have very coarse hair. I use mostly coconut, dry body oils, mineral oil and butters
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    But coconut oil penetrates hair shaft and it might weight down hair. Sweet Almond oil is good, grapeseed oil and even olive oil. I use coconut oil to ny porous hair because it helps with that.

Jojoba is awesome for sealing as it's a wax.

I use some lavender mist I made from the book and pretty much saturate my hair and then I apply a finger tip dollop of LI

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    You can always dilute the CO/water combo by adding distilled water, or you can make another similar mixture using your favorite CO or LI, start out with a very tiny amount of product, you can always add more later if you like.

And if your water's hard, use only distilled water to refresh. I had saved a spray bottle from another product and after washing/rinsing it well I always keep it full of distilled water even though my water is not hard now, I use it also on my face sometimes.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file