Would these boots in beige be a good neutral color?

koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am wondering if they will only work for only a couple seasons of the year? Also, will they match many colors? What do you think?

2080616-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,227Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the color. I think they would work with just about everything - very neutral. The darker heel is a nice touch and the beige is a rich beige, not too light. I think they would look great in fall/winter with darker slacks like navy or black or red/wine, chocolate brown, grey. Much more interesting than black with black, etc. I wouldn't wear them in summer - too much shoe for hot weather.

My only concern would be that they could get dirty easily so you might need to polish with a neutral polish from time to time.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    That color would be too light for me, personally.

• koolkurlkoolkurl Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for your feedback. It is a light color and it could show stains but I think if I take care of them they could last a while. I am tired of my mainly black and darker brown shoes and boots and I think it is time to try something new that is a bit lighter and brighter.
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use beige and caramel shoes quite a lot and think they are very versatile. I'm not a fan of dark brown.
    Dedachan how do you keep your beige shoes and boots clean and new looking?
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't. :(
    Maybe a shoemaker could clean em' up every now and then? The ones I bought have burnishing on them so that should help, I hope!
    koolkurl wrote: »
    Dedachan how do you keep your beige shoes and boots clean and new looking?

There's saddle soap, leather cleaner and shoe polish.

Good ideas Spiderlashes, thanks!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the color, but as new shoes they might be a bit light for me. However, I've had sandals that look close to that color and they darkened as I wore them (which I liked).
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I like the color, but as new shoes they might be a bit light for me. However, I've had sandals that look close to that color and they darkened as I wore them (which I liked).

Yes, I have 10+ pairs of sandals approx. that color and love them.

But I would wear flat, lace-up ankle boots only in the fall and winter...and just can't see too any times when I would want them in that color. I have a pair of 5 inch heel suede booties in that color and have worn them about 3 times in the 3 yrs i've had them. And I have a chunky pair of shooties in that color and have worn them once. So...I speak from experience. But yes to pumps and sandals and slingbacks, etc. in that color.

In person they are darker, similar to a medium skin tone or a light brown taupe type color. Here is another photo of them. It is hard to find an accurate photo online!

frye-womens-carson-lace-up-boots-beige.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file