wet hair issues

powernapppowernapp Posts: 5Registered Users
Hi guys. I posted this a few months ago in the 2 boards, because I'm kind of borderline 2c/3a. I appreciate any advice!

I'm trying to get on the CG train because I actually do like my natural curls and hate blowing out my hair every other morning before work. I tried to go CG a few years ago, but gave up when I ran into the same problem I'm running into now -- I HATE the feeling of cold, wet, gooey hair on my neck and shoulders. My hair is several inches past my shoulders, and after putting the product in it (KKKT and KKCC a few years ago, working on a new regimen now) I absolutely dread letting it spread all over my neck and upper back. I know I sound like a lunatic, but I think part of the issue is that I think all the product is going to make me break out. Mostly I just hate that cold, sticky feeling. Some people have food texture issues - I have hair product texture issues.

How do you guys with long hair deal? I don't love plopping (I find it makes my roots dry kind of crazy, but I could be doing it wrong) and I'm trying to use my blowdryer less, so I don't think diffusing is the answer. I've even tried keeping a tshirt next to the shower so I can throw it on right before I put product in, but because product tends to work better on sopping wet hair, the shirt soaks through pretty quickly.

Appreciate the advice!

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wash my hair before I go to bed, put a towel over my pillow, scrunch my hair as I lay my head down, and wake up with almost dry hair.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • JimipeJimipe Posts: 276Registered Users
    I know the feeling.

What I do is applying the products before I get dressed. Then I do actually plopp, but for as short amount of time as possible. After I've plopped if I feel I might have product on my arms or on my neck I shower that off, then dry myself and get dressed. Before I take down the plopp I add a towel around my neck.

There is something called "portable hooded dryer". My hair takes forever to dry and these actually works really well. I essentially "plopp" my hair in it, but as it is so loose it does not squeeze the back flat etc. 10 minutes with that on low heat makes the gel-crunch set and it is no longer slimy and annoying.
    CG since 8th of September 2013 - learning in progress!

3a/m/iii - waist length wet
    Cleanser: Naturelle Volumizing
    Conditioner/LI: Garnier Respons Avocadooil and Shea Butter, Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume Conditioner
    Styling: Eldorado Hairgel Strong
  • pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    I put a tshirt around my neck/shoulders and air dry as I get ready and drive to work (30 minute drive). It stops drips getting on my clothes and seats and also helps minimize frizz on the bottom layer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
    My hair is APL when wet and shrinks to shoulder when dried

Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I put the T-shirt on like I'm pretending to be a bride and let it soak up most of the water as I get dressed.

My hair will hang down through where the T-shirt flops down like a vale in the back. 😊

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
    Good idea, SmilingElephant!

CG since March 2013
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    I put a tshirt around my neck/shoulders and air dry as I get ready and drive to work (30 minute drive). It stops drips getting on my clothes and seats and also helps minimize frizz on the bottom layer :)

I will try that as my bottom layer gets a bit frizzy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014

Leave a Comment