Products for 3b/c, high porosity, medium hair

LAinLDNLAinLDN Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this, so bear with me if I ask a million questions :)

I think I've recently figured out that my hair is high porosity and I know that it's really really craving moisture. I did a deep condition the other day with some Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, a lot of greek yogurt, and agave syrup and my hair really loved it. However, the very next day, it was back to being super dry and kind of straw-like again. I'm wondering if this is maybe due to the protein in Darcy's? I used to use Deva Curl One Condition or Yes to Carrots and I never had problems with it becoming so straw-like. Realized that both of those are protein free and DBPS has protein. Could this be a problem for me?

I'm also trying to figure out how to get more moisture in my hair on a daily basis and I'm wondering if you have any products suggestions for leave-ins, oils, creams, etc. My current routine is Deva Curl No Poo, DBSP as a rinse-out and leave-in now + CJ CIAB right now on wet hair. I like both leave-in products but I feel like they are leaving me dry and I need to bolster the moisture. For reference, I'm currently living in London (originally from LA and moving back in about a month) and the dew points here are at around 40 lately (similar in LA actually).

I've also been considering doing an ACV rinse as the hard water buildup here is insane and I think this could be leading to some of my dryness as well. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    a photo of the hair would be helpful
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"
  • perla323perla323 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Whenever I have this issue it is an ingredient in the product. For me it is Argan Oil and some proteins (wheat, too much keratin, but not silk for some reason). Cut back to products you know your hair tolerates and add the others back one by one without "cocktailing' any of them. It's a pain, I know.
    Perla323

Type: 3b, coarse
    Shampo: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser
    Rinse out: Shea Moisture Coco. and Hib. Curl and Shine
    Leave In: Shea Moisture Coco. and Hib. Curl and Style Milk
    Styling Spray: Surface Theory Styling Spray
  • nanogirl21nanogirl21 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Argan Oil and Coconut Oil mix is awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file