CurlTalk

First clarifying wash - trying CG again

Hi All!

I have done CG before but I have fallen off the wagon. I want to "re-start" CG today (luckily I have quite the stash of products from my previous attempts) and was wondering if you had any advice to really enhance my curls for those first couple of washes? I know at first they will be a little lackluster, but I will appreciate any input!

Comments

• tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    I too am just hoping back on the CG wagon. I think protein has helped me a lot. Already better results in the 1 week this time compared to the 2 months before.
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

• vmariscalvmariscal Posts: 29Registered Users
    tengoRizos wrote: »
    I too am just hoping back on the CG wagon. I think protein has helped me a lot. Already better results in the 1 week this time compared to the 2 months before.

tengoRizos, what protein are you using?
  • tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    Its called keratin complex infusion therapy deep conditioner, from Target. Ive used it twice now, and it has been good both times.

I know a lot of other people do a homemade one with gelatin that seems to work well too.

Just make sure you add a lot of moisture to add afterwards. Or else your hair gets dry and frizzy
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

• CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    vmariscal wrote: »
    Hi All!

I have done CG before but I have fallen off the wagon. I want to "re-start" CG today (luckily I have quite the stash of products from my previous attempts) and was wondering if you had any advice to really enhance my curls for those first couple of washes? I know at first they will be a little lackluster, but I will appreciate any input!

It would've helped if you'd indicated what type of hair you have, what would work for one type may not necessarily work for another. But if you're a 2 or a 3 (wavy, boticelli or corkscrew) I can recommend Jessicurl's videos on Youtube. Here's one of them but if your hair is different look for other videos, she has one for just about each type of hair.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil