CurlTalk

Damage and breakage from working out?

So this past year, I was on the high school tennis team. It really had a toll on my hair because I would have it up in a tight pony for 4+ hours for 6 months straight. I have to have my hair out of my face, otherwise I can't see while playing. Headbands are a nightmare because they don't stay in. (My daddy tells me its because I have a funny shaped head!) I start playing again this week, and I want to keep my hair healthy. Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep my hair healthy while still playing the sport I love? Thanks!

Comments

• butter52butter52 Posts: 292Registered Users
    So this past year, I was on the high school tennis team. It really had a toll on my hair because I would have it up in a tight pony for 4+ hours for 6 months straight. I have to have my hair out of my face, otherwise I can't see while playing. Headbands are a nightmare because they don't stay in. (My daddy tells me its because I have a funny shaped head!) I start playing again this week, and I want to keep my hair healthy. Does anyone have suggestions on how to keep my hair healthy while still playing the sport I love? Thanks!

Mmm if you are careful with them, you can use boby pins to hold the headband (thats what i do). Also try switching between high and low ponytails so the stress is not allways at the same point. And the thicker the ponny rubber the pressure is less.
    Also do you have enough lenght to bun it?

Thats all I can think off.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,255Registered Users
    I hear Goody Spin Pins are excellent for updos without damage. 2 would work for just general daily activities or someone who doesn't have a ton of hair to do a loose but secure bun. For something like tennis, you might want to use 3 or 4.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • smilesncurlssmilesncurls Posts: 9Registered Users
    Those are excellent ideas! I really love the spin pins by the way. I don't own any (yet), but used them in a friend's hair. Now if anyone could help me with the whole smelly hair washing it every day issue?
  • greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    Braid if you know how.
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Combo Low and High porosity
    Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
    Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Style- la looks sport gel
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    Walmart have these ouch less scrunchies that have a band on the inside that won't move. Look for the ouch less scrunchies that have a clear band on the inside. I love them.
  • butter52butter52 Posts: 292Registered Users
    Now if anyone could help me with the whole smelly hair washing it every day issue?

Cant help with that! I need to wash/cowash after doing excercise no matter what