3b product review /suggestions ?

MsPoofMsPoof Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello ladies/ gents ,

I've spent a couple days reviewing a few products here and i see a lot of mixed reviews , I mainly focus on reviews by individuals with 3b curls seeing as thats the type I have. so im hoping theres someone who can give me a little better insight/ personal opinion on some of the products I'm considering or suggest a product they prefer .

First let me give you an idea on what I'm working with , 3b hair, medium length , medium -high density ,medium and coarse width ( the front is fine as it goes back its become thicker),I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure that i have high porosity hair due to damage .

Additional info - very prone to frizzies and weighs down easily so no heavy product but i can't have anything to light either ,It also doesn't take well to gels .I'm looking for something that is moisturizing that will help me maintain health/ curl pattern while not obstructing movement or effecting its natural feel too much .

I feel like i should go with lotions/cremes and leave in conditioners as butter products are too heavy and milk products are to light , in the past though creams have been too greasy or not moisturizing enough and leaveins have been drying for me .

products i was considering-Kinky-Curly Knot Today,Oyin Handmade Hair Dew,Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme,Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion,eco styling gel

thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry for the long post I appreciate any info/help .

Comments

• pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    I use the Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus line for my 3b's. V05 and Aussie Moist and good cowash or combing conditioners (cheap too). I have heard amazing things about Knot Today though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
  • anonymous_166474anonymous_166474 Posts: 70Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    MsPoof wrote: »
    Hello ladies/ gents ,

I've spent a couple days reviewing a few products here and i see a lot of mixed reviews , I mainly focus on reviews by individuals with 3b curls seeing as thats the type I have. so im hoping theres someone who can give me a little better insight/ personal opinion on some of the products I'm considering or suggest a product they prefer .

First let me give you an idea on what I'm working with , 3b hair, medium length , medium -high density ,medium and coarse width ( the front is fine as it goes back its become thicker),I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure that i have high porosity hair due to damage .

Additional info - very prone to frizzies and weighs down easily so no heavy product but i can't have anything to light either ,It also doesn't take well to gels .I'm looking for something that is moisturizing that will help me maintain health/ curl pattern while not obstructing movement or effecting its natural feel too much .

I feel like i should go with lotions/cremes and leave in conditioners as butter products are too heavy and milk products are to light , in the past though creams have been too greasy or not moisturizing enough and leaveins have been drying for me .

products i was considering-Kinky-Curly Knot Today,Oyin Handmade Hair Dew,Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme,Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion,eco styling gel

thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry for the long post I appreciate any info/help .
    I'm a 3B curly with low porosity hair who thought my hair didn't like gel until I realized I needed a leave in before applying an alcohol free gel. I use the giovanni dorect leave in with eco styler gel. After figuring out my porosity, my hair is now easier to manage and style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kosher Curls
    mostly 3b curls
    Low Porosity
    fine, medium, coarse
    medium to high density
    Products: Giovanni direct leave in and olive or argan oil eco styler.

LONG: 10"+ (armpit to waist length)
  • Zemaria_xoxoZemaria_xoxo Posts: 30Registered Users
    My hair is 3b fine in the front and 3c course in the back. My hair is low porosity all over. My fav stylers are KKKT & KKCC or SM Curl and Style Milk & SM Hold and Shine Mist. I put the products on wet hair with warm water by smooth and racking the products. Afterward I diffuse on Warm heat with High Blow until my hair is like 90-100 percent dry since my hair can't dry on its own.
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    do you know any good shampoos to wash the silicone from Aussie moist, i want to try it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    do you know any good shampoos to wash the silicone from Aussie moist, i want to try it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

I was using Hello Hydration or Garnier Fructis triple nutrition shampoo with the Aussie. I didn't need to do this often though as I didn't get a lot of build up with Aussie Moist (the cones are pretty water soluble). I'll sometimes use Shea Moisture's purification masque as an alternative to shampoo since I hate sulfates lol

Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like KCKT with SMCES on top for my 3b's!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

DaniGirl88 wrote: »
    I like KCKT with SMCES on top for my 3b's!

Is KCKT more if a gel or creamy consistency? Do you use anything other than those 2 for styling?

CG since March 2013

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file