CurlTalk

Gel like Ecostyler with no glycerin

anonanon Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello all! so i've been natural for years now and recently i'm having trouble styling my hair…can anyone recommend a hair gel that holds like eco styler gel but does not contain glycerin. I need to be able to finger coil some sections of my hair with the gel because some of my hair doesn't hold a curl very well even after applying gel, basically they are more wavy/coarse sections of my hair, and i find finger coiling those sections really helps. I like how thick ecostyler is and how heavy it is, the light gels usually don't work for me. I had a lot of great results with Kiss my Face upper Management gel but since the formula has changed i haven't tried it, because my hair doesn't respond well to glycerin. If anyone could list some recommendations that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• CoiffedcoilsCoiffedcoils Posts: 34Registered Users
    The only one I can think of, is elasta qp feels like silk design gel.
    However, I think it's hold is lighter than eco, so it might not be that effective, but it is glycerin free.

I'm also not sure if they still sell this, since I haven't been to a bss in a while.
    Instagram: @coiffedcoils
    Hair type: 4b/4c (with a few 4a at the nape and edges)
    Low porosity
    Following the curly girl method
    Want a little christian encouragement in your life?
    Follow @missionarygamer
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Glycerin Free Products - CurlMart

maybe this can help. I use 4naturals custard in th. It is glycerin free but maybe too light for you. I also use fsg which can be made thick or thin.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    Super wet plus gel holds exactly like ecostyler but without the glycerine or protein. Its one of my favorites.
  • Peach167Peach167 Posts: 13Registered Users
    does curl junkie pattern pusha give a good hold? i know its glycerin free