SUMMER is near!!!

pinkkundiespinkkundies Posts: 23Registered Users
Hey all! I live in California, and the weather has been in the 90's this week. Woowee HOT! lol, I've been wearing my hair in a bun to protect the ends.

DO any of you have tips on keeping 3c/4a curls moisturized this summer?
I plan on experimenting with products, but tips will help also.
Thanks. .
- 3c/4a curls :glasses7:
((Transitioning from heat damage))
Prepoo: Coconut Oil
Cleanse: Kinky Curly Come Clean
CoWash: Haute' *Tea Tree Conditioner*
DC: My Honey Child *Honey Mask DC*
:thumbleft:

Comments

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a horrible time retaining moisture with the heat and humidiyy. Winter I use glycerin and I'm good but summer I have to wash every other day to stay moisturzed. Ideal for me is every third day. Last summer was really bad. I have decided to bun most of this summer.

I def use gel in the summer too.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • pinkkundiespinkkundies Posts: 23Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    I have a horrible time retaining moisture with the heat and humidiyy. Winter I use glycerin and I'm good but summer I have to wash every other day to stay moisturzed. Ideal for me is every third day. Last summer was really bad. I have decided to bun most of this summer.

..right. I usually wash once a week, but I think I'll have to up that to twice a week this summer. And glycerin is suppose to be good for summer days?
    - 3c/4a curls :glasses7:
    ((Transitioning from heat damage))
    Prepoo: Coconut Oil
    Cleanse: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    CoWash: Haute' *Tea Tree Conditioner*
    DC: My Honey Child *Honey Mask DC*
    :thumbleft:
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    adthomas wrote: »

..right. I usually wash once a week, but I think I'll have to up that to twice a week this summer. And glycerin is suppose to be good for summer days?

Glycerine works for me in the winter, not the summer. but people are different. I just have to cowash more in the summer. But I am outside a lot in my work and I live in the hot humid Southern US.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • oohoohdejavuoohoohdejavu Posts: 16Registered Users
    I plan on going to the nearest fabric store and practicing head wrap styles.

Sent from my SM-N900T using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file