CurlTalk

pomade or wax or something

MissKellyAnnMissKellyAnn Posts: 44Registered Users
I need something to give me some volume and break up the waves a little. It looks great immediately after I fluff it but then falls flat. Are thtere any cg friendly products you can rec?
pw = waves

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    What are you using now? Pomades and waxes generally aren't CG.

I'd suggest either L'Oreal Out of Bed (creme gel) or Herbal Essence Body Envy Gel - both are inexpensive and give nice volume.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • MissKellyAnnMissKellyAnn Posts: 44Registered Users
    herbal essences totally twisted gel is the only styling product. I bought garnier soft curl creme and I have L'Oreal out of bed. I'm just afraid I won't be able to get them out of my hair.
    pw = waves
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    herbal essences totally twisted gel is the only styling product. I bought garnier soft curl creme and I have L'Oreal out of bed. I'm just afraid I won't be able to get them out of my hair.

The out of bed is completely CG - you can totally get that out.

The scc, though, you can't.

HTH!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users

I love the GF Soft Curl Cream and have never experienced any buildup with it. If I use it for several days and opt to use something else, I use a clarifying shampoo before switching.

The L'Oreal Out of Bed (LOOB) is CG and it comes out easily.

On both products, start out with a little - it's easy to over do it. Most people find the GF SCC (and LOOB) works much better if rubbed between your hands and put into soaking wet hair.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • LImeLIme Posts: 57Registered Users
    When having a bad hair day i use Sebastian Xtah taffy..i hope its CG though not sure...I no poo once a week so..ingredients below.

Water, Paraffin, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, DEA-Oleth-10 Phsphate, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Maleate, PVP, Lanolin, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Isohexadecane, Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.,