Protein question

a2603306a2603306 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello, I would like to ask about proteins on hair. What proteins are the best for hair? I heard a lot of good talking about whey protein. So I found some USN whey and oats proteins, is that good?

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Curl Neophyte Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Everyone's hair is different and will not respond the same to products. What are your hair properties? I do know that many places that I've read about it say that when in doubt hydrolyzed protein is best because it is small enough to get inside the hair. This makes sense to the scientist in me, so I use iagirls gelatin treatment from the science-y hair blog: Science-y Hair Blog: Recipes and Projects.

This treatment is also pretty cheap as it requires small amounts of oil, apple cider vinegar, water, and unflavored gelatin. It is runny, and she did post a thicker treatment in the last few days, plus if you scroll down to the recipe in the link she also always includes additives you can use, and variations.

I googled the product, but came up with a porridge/breakfast oatmeal type product so it is unlikely to have protein that is hydrolyzed since it is supposed to pack a protein punch. Is this different from what you bought? I would worry about being able to rinse it out, and leaving chunks of oatmeal in the hair based on some recent posts that I saw here, but do not have personal experience to say yay or nay on that point. Also, I noticed that the though I'm in the U.S. the first google result that I got was in pounds so I'm guessing you are not in the U.S. I'm not sure if you can get them, but you could try to get Curl Junkie, use beer (also from iagirls blog), aphogee, and I think I remember seeing a product called gliss? that was European with a good protein treatment. Good luck!
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • WonderWallWonderWall Posts: 19Registered Users
    if your hair likes it power to you, but have you tried hydrogenated Protein?
    its broken down more and easy to get i to the hair....
    Pre-Poo: Aleo/acv + oil
    Shampoo: Shampoo bar
    Conditiner: A Mix of things
    Leave-in: thick leave in/ butter
    Refresh: light leave in /water/oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file