which Curl Junkie products work for those with low por/coarse hair?any don't work?why

IAgalIAgal Posts: 139Registered Users
I would like to know which products worked and which ones didn't for you-those with low porosity coarse hair..i'm 2C btw.

Comments

• artemis513artemis513 Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think Curl Junkie conditioners are good for all hair types. Marsha has a recommendation chart on the website that breaks the products down by porosity x curl type, you should check it out. I will list what I like and don't like, but disclaimer I have fine hair so it may or may not help you. Any specific product questions, you can email CJ and they are really good about helping.

Ultimately, having low porosity just means you have to be mindful of how much product you use at one time and focus on getting more moisture into the hair from a little bit of product vs being super heavy handed because products are more likely to sit on the strands and cause weigh-down and/or build-up frizz.

What I love:
    Daily Fix (I use totally in place of shampoo 1-2xweekly)
    CJ Beauticurls Argan/Olive daily conditioner
    CJ Smoothing Lotion
    CJ Beauticurls leave-in
    CJ Strengthening conditioner
    CJ Curl Fix (as my weekly DT)
    CJ Rehab (used judiciously because it can OC if I'm not careful, but should be amazing on coarse hair)

What I don't love:
    CJ Styling products - I've yet to figure out how to use them, all of them just sit on my hair but other low porosity curlies love (who I think have at least some of them have coarse hair):
    Curl Queen,
    Pattern Pusha
    CIAB

HTH :)
    4a/3c, fine strands, low porosity, medium density
    Last relaxer: Jan 2010 - BC'd: 2/27/11
    My Fotki
    My Blog
  • ParatyParaty Posts: 394Registered Users
    artemis513 wrote: »
    I think Curl Junkie conditioners are good for all hair types. Marsha has a recommendation chart on the website that breaks the products down by porosity x curl type, you should check it out. I will list what I like and don't like, but disclaimer I have fine hair so it may or may not help you. Any specific product questions, you can email CJ and they are really good about helping.

Ultimately, having low porosity just means you have to be mindful of how much product you use at one time and focus on getting more moisture into the hair from a little bit of product vs being super heavy handed because products are more likely to sit on the strands and cause weigh-down and/or build-up frizz.

What I love:
    Daily Fix (I use totally in place of shampoo 1-2xweekly)
    CJ Beauticurls Argan/Olive daily conditioner
    CJ Smoothing Lotion
    CJ Beauticurls leave-in
    CJ Strengthening conditioner
    CJ Curl Fix (as my weekly DT)
    CJ Rehab (used judiciously because it can OC if I'm not careful, but should be amazing on coarse hair)

What I don't love:
    CJ Styling products - I've yet to figure out how to use them, all of them just sit on my hair but other low porosity curlies love (who I think have at least some of them have coarse hair):
    Curl Queen,
    Pattern Pusha
    CIAB

HTH :)

Exactly, it is about using less product.

I have been eyeing the Beauticurls Leave-in as something more moisturizing than KCKT for this upcoming Winter. My previous Winter leave-ins were Oyin HD and Camille Rose Curl Love Milk. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to those or if there is something out there with longer lasting moisture.

Does the Beauticurls Leave-in provide enough moisture used alone, on wet or dry hair, and how long did the moisture last? I have also used the Curl Rehab conditioner as a leave-in and it was great, but it feels heavy left in after a day or so. Would you say that the Beauticurls provides comparable moisture for your low-porosity hair as a leave-in? Thanks!
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file